New guy from NH - Special interest in Automotive Photography

Intervention302

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all,

My name is Kevin. I have always had an interest in photography and an enormous interest in automotive. One of my good friends is quite the photographer and started his own business. It was only a matter of time before I got the bug

He convinced me to pick up an used Nikon D60 for $240 in perfect condition. Overall, I have a lot to learn and hope to learn quickly from him as well as reading. I know I need a polarizing filter and a tripod as my first investment.

Anyways, I thought I'd show off my pride and joy, my 2003 SVT Cobra. Here are 3 photos from "Matt Musto Photography" This is NOT my work and is an example of Matt's awesome work...

$11526126043_d68bf1167b_b.jpg

$10397318474_c7f4117dfe_b.jpg

$10397321754_48d9eea850_b.jpg

So far I have only had 1 opportunity to use my camera. I realize I had the ISO set too high and they were grainy. Probably because it wasn't super bright and I didn't have a tripod. I have Lightroom 5 and its pretty overwhelming to a complete novice, but I know ill get it. Anyways, here were my FIRST ever photographs

$11639366794_f7db1c5dbb_b.jpg

$11639366414_69ae63ccdc_b.jpg

$11638986555_1c066b8b4f_b.jpg

Go easy on me guys :)

Welcome. You are already off to a good start in that you know what you are passionate about.

#1 needs light at the front
#2 posed on a down-hill slope - looks like a flat tire - Doesn't need quite so much landscape
#3 better, but needs light on the near side
#4 pretty good, but you caught some odd reflections
#5 distracting background
#6 distracting background and you caught the corner of another bumper

Keep it up!

Welcome to the site.

Hey Welcome! What part of NH are you from? I grew up on the lake in Meredith but currently live in Laconia

Welcome! Scott Bourne and Scott Kelby have both done some great articles on car photography -- you might have seen some of these already, but if not, there's probably some wisdom buried in here:

My First Studio Car Shoot (plus behind-the-scenes) | Scott Kelby's Photoshop Insider

12 Things You Should Know About Car Photography | Photofocus

12 Tips For Car Show Photographers | Photofocus

Thanks... I'll do some reading tonight

Hey Welcome! What part of NH are you from? I grew up on the lake in Meredith but currently live in Laconia

Manchester area

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Welcome aboard Kevin!

Most reactions

Back