new guy here...pictoral introduction.....tons of pics

benwiggins

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just wanted to introduce myself. Im Ben I live in Asheville NC. I am semi-pro and by that i mean i have sold some prints and done some work for a couple a couple of magazines and some various guidebooks and outdoor gear manufacturers. I shoot pretty much all outdoor photography. here are a bunch of pictures. I look forward to learning from everyone on here and getting constructive criticism. Let me know if you would like to see any more of my work or pictures from a certain category.

Rock Climbing;
31st0020.jpg

IMG_6857a.jpg

rumbleorder239.jpg

sunsets:
31st0014.jpg

DPP_0011.jpg

IMG_2550a.jpg

IMG_2562a.jpg

Biking:
urbancomp0693.jpg

IMG_1175.jpg

DPP_0061.jpg

pisgah5-6-06017.jpg

Landscape:
8000007-1.jpg

8000003-1.jpg

7001813.jpg

7001814.jpg

5002022.jpg

jpeg131.jpg

jpeg124547.jpg

Kayaking:
jpeg133.jpg

IMG_5893.jpg

Critters:
IMG_4284a700.jpg

IMG_1866.jpg

30th138.jpg

45.jpg

5002001.jpg

B & W:
jpeg128.jpg

jpeg130.jpg

7001804.jpg

DPP_0010.jpg

You have some great shots there and awesome nature pictures. Welcome to the forum, you will like it here :)

You have some great shots there and awesome nature pictures. Welcome to the forum, you will like it here :)

thanks. im gonna put a bunch of stuff in the oppropiate forum as time goes by.

Welcome! Im new here too, but wanted to wish you a welcome anyways. LOTS of nice shots, my particular fave is fall shot, by the creek, with the yellow leafs. Nice work on all of them!

Welcome! Im new here too, but wanted to wish you a welcome anyways. LOTS of nice shots, my particular fave is fall shot, by the creek, with the yellow leafs. Nice work on all of them!

whoa awesome reference to 16 candles with your login name...oh and thanks.

whoa awesome reference to 16 candles with your login name...oh and thanks.

No prob! Id like to see some more of your pics sometime. And yeah, the Sixteen Candles thing has stuck with me over the years, Ill be forever known on the 'net as the Donger. :confused:

I love the moutainbike ones esp the jumping one with the mud in the air! :D

love ur work! welcome

Welcome to the forum, im still a bit of a noob but welcome anyways, i really love that shot of the cricket btw, and the rest are awesome aswell :p

Well, your composition is very good, and the pictures are sharp.

You have one advantage that many of us don't have. You seem to GET to the good places as part of your other hobbies. BEING THERE is half of the battle.

My advices is to try not to kill yourself by doing these extreme activities too soon. It would be a waste of photographic talent. (no lines when rock climbing?)

Well, your composition is very good, and the pictures are sharp.

You have one advantage that many of us don't have. You seem to GET to the good places as part of your other hobbies. BEING THERE is half of the battle.

My advices is to try not to kill yourself by doing these extreme activities too soon. It would be a waste of photographic talent. (no lines when rock climbing?)

yeah i am an active climber/biker/flyfisher so i am out all the time anyway. I usually spend every saturday and sunday shooting/participating.
as far as the ropes go...most of the type of climbing i do is bouldering. its ropeless but you are rarely up more than about 15 feet. we have pads that we fall onto and people below us spotting us to help make sure we land on the pads and help protect our heads and spines.....here is a shot that is not very good but it is a big fall...he didnt get hurt.....
jpeg124542.jpg

jpeg124543.jpg

thanks for your compliments...i chose this forum over the others because the "photo snobbery" of other sites didnt appeal to me very much. if anyone would like any technical data on any of the shots feel free to ask.

Really nice photos here, all of them, Ben, and my particular favourite is that heron (is it a heron, it is very colourful), eyeing you suspiciously from out of that very green (ah :lovey: ) tree.

One suggestion for next postings.
Don't post as many as you did here.
If you post more than two photos at all, make sure there are spaces between the links.

Once you series is longer than - hm, let's say - three or four pictures, number your photos. That'll make commenting on them ever so much easier for the other members.

wow that was fun..alot of interesting photos you have taken.. some great some really great... welcome to the forum

GJ, you ressurected a 4 yo thread.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back