New guy in town...

born a fool

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello all,

I've been lurking for the last couple of weeks looking through threads trying to decide to go with Canon or Nikon (big surprise...). Haven't decided yet, but I'm hoping to within the next 2-3 weeks.

A little about myself. 31 year old single guy born and raised in Montreal. I've speant all but 4 years of my life in Montreal, but those 4 years were nowhere exciting. First experience with a camera was when my father gave me an old camera from Russia that picked up when he was with the Greek Navy. I remember using that thing (without film of course!) until it broke. Then I took it aprt to see how it worked.

Anyhow, I've always had an interest in photography but never really followed through with it. Now that I find myself single (and kinda with nothing to do, damn married friends :lol: ), it's time to get myself an interesting hobby.

I look forward to learning much from you all!

Yeah, thats good news, you stick with your gut instincts and join us nikon freaks :mrgreen:

Oh and, welcome to the boards, by the way ;)

born a fool said:
...leaning towards Nikon... "ducks for cover"

You better!

;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Welcome to ThePhotoForum.
15 posts before I even found you here in the Welcome and Introductions Forum? Boy, you must have been busy!

born a fool said:
Actually, I'm leaning towards Nikon... "ducks for cover"

*throws something very heavy* :lol:
lol :D I am very much a Canon user, but chose the camera that feels right for you. After all you are the one who is going to be taking loads of great photo's on it. :D

NOW I see where you have been so busy and active! The Word Association! :D Ah well... that is one way to start out here :D.

LaFoto said:
You better!

;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Welcome to ThePhotoForum.
15 posts before I even found you here in the Welcome and Introductions Forum? Boy, you must have been busy!

No busy, just killing time playing "Word Association"! :D

Hertz van Rental said:
Every boy should have a hobby.
Welcome to TPF.

Yes Hertzie, we all do. At least the last time I checked. :mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back