New guy jumping in...

Tony S

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone, my name is Tony. Well I've been hanging around off and on for two months or so checking out the site. I've made a post or two but have not jumped in with any of my work.

A bit about me. I've been into photography since before highschool, which was over 30 years ago. I've been doing digital since about 2000, the last time I shot film was in 2001. I'm in Washington 65 miles south of Seattle near the base of Mt Rainier, so you will often see pictures of the mountain from me. My main photo love is shooting wildlife, gives me a chance to get out and hunt all year long. I do sports action alot during the school year for a local weekly paper covering three different highschools plus a lot of other assignments for the paper. I have a busy enough portrait side I work that pays for my new tools, gas, taxes, and lunch once in a while. On the days I'm not shooting photos I am a career firefighter winding down towards retirement. I have a wonderful yard for getting pictures of all kinds of wild critters and not far to go for the ones that don't come around the house.

On the personal side, I'm married, three grown kids. One works for Boeing, one in the Navy and the last has just finished her college to become a teacher. Four grandkids are out on the East Coast as that is where my son in the Navy is stationed.

So soon I'll start posting up some pictures for everyone to see. Feel free to critique or even make changes to the pictures as I always feel there is room to learn or keep ideas in my head that may pop up while I'm shooting. Sometimes I can be a bit too honest when giving critiques, don't take them personal, I'm just hoping they help others to learn.

Sounds like you've got a great setup Tony. Look forward to having you here!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back