new guy messing around

Sorry, having 90% of a photo OOF and using a sliver of selective focus on an uninteresting subject, doesn't seem to work very good.

I also like the contrast of this. i dont see why this "doesnt seem to work very good"
The only things is i am wondering if a better composition could have made this picture pop a little more.

Your theme idea sounded very good, however I was disappointed with your photo. The only thing you have in focus is a tiny strip of wildflowers in the middle. Had you not said Art & War I would not have known what it was[heli props] in the out of focus background. You should try again with a better composition and more of the shot in focus.

Thanks for the suggestions. I am limited for composition. There is a huge white electrical box just off to the left of the picture. It is only my third day also. I had a hard time getting more flowers in focus for the shot. Of course I didn't see the bottom of the photo out of focus in the viewing screen on the camera. Those flowers are tiny too. I don't know what other composition to do. I figured it is a unique shot if anything, because not everyone can get close to helos I guess. I have some sunset pics but they are boring without some PP done. I will see if the internet connection will allow for an upload. Hi from Iraq. I am an American by the way.

I like the blurry props. I would have like to see the flowers in complete focus maybe chage the DOF just a bit.

I LOVE it!! It's really.. different. I like the variation

Im not too crazy about the Depth of Field
I think you had too much of picture out of focus
Just dosent work for me

Squeeze your aperture down to around f/11 or f/16 and shoot it again. It'll put more of the flowers in focus.

Yeah being the noob I am I only had my 200 zoom out with me. I will get a better pic when there won't be any rain again. Thanks for the advice guys and gals. There isn't a lot to shoot out here either. I can't wait to be on road trips and then the fun can really start. There are some killer sunsets though. I will upload those on this thread tomorrow.

I also think a smaller aperture would have been better in this picture. I could still tell what the props were, but it's too out of focus to me cause that's what my eyes are drawn to.

I also think a smaller aperture would have been better in this picture. I could still tell what the props were, but it's too out of focus to me cause that's what my eyes are drawn to.

I agree. I will try again tomorrow. I have another one on that account of a wall. I think it could be a good picture with some PP, but I don't have any ideas as to what.

Was the DOF added in post? I'm not 100% sold on the image though, but I sort of like it.

Was the DOF added in post? I'm not 100% sold on the image though, but I sort of like it.
No has been done yet. I only had my 200 zoom out with me and was trying to zoom in on too close of flowers. I also need to try f16 for how bright it was. Hopefully today will be better for pictures.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back