New guy new camera...

fractionofasecond

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey my name is Alex and I am just starting to take interest in photography. I work at a "Sculpture Garden" in NJ and the graphic designer and director of marketing seem to love my pictures and are already wanting more for advertisements, brochures and possibly billboards (which would be awesome). Decided to get my first DLSR camera about a week ago and I am reading through the forum to learn many things. I purchased the Sony a37 which I love so far. It is easy to use and understand and I think it is perfect for a first entry level camera. I will start posting some pictures for feedback as soon as possible and look forward to constructive criticizm and learning how I can improve. I also own PS 6 which I've only toyed around with. Opinions are welcome and I look forward to learning from everyone here. Thanks everyone. :thumbup:

billboards will not be shot with a DSLR (Correct me if I'm wrong) but I think they are medium/large format.

billboards will not be shot with a DSLR (Correct me if I'm wrong) but I think they are medium/large format.

Really not sure- the ones they have used before were shot by our pro photographer and than blown up. I was told by them that they just need a panoramic they like and they could blow it up. No clue though... good point, I'll have to question them on that one. Thanks. :)

I'm sure someone around here will know for sure. I am 80% sure you could blow it up a little bit without pixelations but not billboard size.

I'm sure someone around here will know for sure. I am 80% sure you could blow it up a little bit without pixelations but not billboard size.

The graphic designer said since you are viewing the billboard from a distance the pixelation doesn't matter. Hopefully someone will reply to this and clear this up...

never thought about that. I'm a graphic design major myself but haven't had much exposure to the core classes as I took all Gen Ed's pretty much

never thought about that. I'm a graphic design major myself but haven't had much exposure to the core classes as I took all Gen Ed's pretty much

Nice I will find out tomorrow Im sure someone on here has done something will billboards before...

you can print billboards at 50 dpi and nobody will know the difference at 60 mph from 100 feet away...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back