New Hampshire North Country

PJM

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I spent five days last week in New Hampshire's North Country. These are a few shots I took while kayaking a couple of lakes up there.

Cormorants - Pre dawn.
_DSC0084.jpg

Moose - These are the reason I took this early morning adventure. I was hoping they might be out and I got lucky. I believe they are a female and her calf. Taken before sunrise and at a fair distance. But I'm still thrilled to have seen them.
_DSC0099.jpg

_DSC0097.jpg

_DSC0095.jpg

River Otter - This fella didn't want me on his lake at all. He kept rising up and houghing and hissing at me.
_DSC0119.jpg

_DSC0123.jpg

_DSC0133.jpg

What a great way to spend a trip. Have never seen a moose despite many trips to NH and Canada. Looks like you were mostly in pine trees - I was going to ask for a foliage update??

I like the otters staring you out.

Very nice set! Is that the Lady of the Lake reaching out of the water in that first one, with the Cormorants alighting? :D

What a great way to spend a trip. Have never seen a moose despite many trips to NH and Canada. Looks like you were mostly in pine trees - I was going to ask for a foliage update??
There were lots of pines at the waters edge but higher up were the deciduous. They were just starting to turn and each day you could see a bit more color.

Very nice set! Is that the Lady of the Lake reaching out of the water in that first one, with the Cormorants alighting? :D
Thanks Jeff. It was almost a bit spooky seeing them in the dark and the mist.

Great shots. I love the perspective that shooting from a kayak can provide. I know I'd be too anxious of all my gear ending up in the water to really enjoy it.

Great shots. I love the perspective that shooting from a kayak can provide. I know I'd be too anxious of all my gear ending up in the water to really enjoy it.
Thank you. Well, I don't take my best gear, that's for sure. And I have developed routines for keeping the gear safe and dry while paddling on flat water.

Most reactions

Back