New HDR Software - Machinery 2.0 HDR Effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

daarksun

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Found this new hdr software that does the same effects using a single photo without having to bracket images. Planning
to download my copy tomorrow hopefully.

The website is Program do HDR MACHINERY. HDR Effects, Natural HDR

I was really impressed with the software and have ordered my copy of this cool software. These are processed images
from their website. The website shows the original images then the processed work.

It could easily make my Topaz software nearly obsolete if it works as good as it looks. Oh! If you live in the US it's just
$44. I will post some pix when I've got a few done.

samplesb.jpg

Last edited:
As far as I know, all the current HDR software out there will let you make faux-HDRs by tone-mapping single images.

From the OP's description, I was under the impression that this was only tone mapping software.

For the record and for the benefit of those who are new to this, using a single image to get that HDR look does not achieve any additional dynamic range. The HDR part comes in when you combine multiple exposures. Tonemapping is a dynamic range compression method to convert HDR files to weird looking files with normal dynamic range.

Put simply, you won't get perfect exposure from a single file where normally you need multiple files regardless of what software you use.

It's better to tonemap most photos, most monitors are not good enough to display the real dynamic range in all pictures.

hm, recently I was looking at some software from a fellow from Poland and is suppose to be basically a tone mapping program. It had interesting result, i wonder if this is the same? Off the top of my head I don't remember the other site name, need to double check.

However, i must agree with the others hdr and tonemapping aren't the same thing and as an instructor i have tested lots of hdr programs and as Buster indicates they all will tone map a singe file doesn't mean they all will look alike, just as every hdr program produces a different look, these do as well.

It's better to tonemap most photos, most monitors are not good enough to display the real dynamic range in all pictures.

I lolled. Thanks for the laugh, Michael.

Downloaded the software. I really like the software. easy to figure out and simple to use. The original is right out of the camera from a few months ago.

Here the original shot unprocessed = mostly a garbage shot.
_MG_2243.jpg

Here the same shot run through Machinery 2.0. Image took around 5 minutes to run it through. The presets are nice and you can adjust after the presets are used. I don't like the tools on the right side, takes a bit getting use to scrolling upand down. Still playing with that part. I like how you can fine tune the settings you need. This is the area that is so much nicer than the Topaz. Each area broken down to different parts with fine tuning adjustments.
_MG_2241-machinery.jpg

Downloaded the software. I really like the software. easy to figure out and simple to use. The original is right out of the camera from a few months ago.

Here the original shot unprocessed = mostly a garbage shot.
_MG_2243.jpg

Here the same shot run through Machinery 2.0. Image took around 5 minutes to run it through. The presets are nice and you can adjust after the presets are used. I don't like the tools on the right side, takes a bit getting use to scrolling upand down. Still playing with that part. I like how you can fine tune the settings you need. This is the area that is so much nicer than the Topaz. Each area broken down to different parts with fine tuning adjustments.
_MG_2241-machinery.jpg

This is pretty cool, a great edit.

But how is Machinery any different from Nik, OnOne, Photomatix, and CS5 HDR?

Here's another image. This one also was ran through in about five minutes. The softare was easy and I was able do this with just one image. I could do it with the
Topaz software but it's difficult to fine tune the Topaz and the mid-tones have to be handled with Elements. Using the Machinery 2.0 I was able to do it all in the one package.

This is the original image...
typewriter_base-image.jpg

This image is processed...
typewriter_refined.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back