New HDR Software - Machinery 2.0 HDR Effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
one more. Another five minutes or so. Able to remove the glare from the window behind the tire and bring out the details in the paint scheme while controling the details, lighting and sharpness. the original image is a decent image, but after the Machinery 2.0 the it's definitely a better piece of imagary. The product is definitely worth the $44 price tag.

It also processes the image must faster than my Topaz does. The selection is made directly to the image you are working on. You don't have to make the change like topaz in the software and then wait for it to process the full size image that's open in Photoshop.

original image

cyle_tire1.jpg

Processed Image:

cycle_tire-refined.jpg

one more. Another five minutes or so. Able to remove the glare from the window behind the tire and bring out the details in the paint scheme while controling the details, lighting and sharpness. the original image is a decent image, but after the Machinery 2.0 the it's definitely a better piece of imagary. The product is definitely worth the $44 price tag.

It also processes the image must faster than my Topaz does. The selection is made directly to the image you are working on. You don't have to make the change like topaz in the software and then wait for it to process the full size image that's open in Photoshop.

original image

cyle_tire1.jpg

Processed Image:

cycle_tire-refined.jpg

Looks nice... but all it does is increase local contrast. I would be happier if it does tonal compression while increasing contrast.

It's better to tonemap most photos, most monitors are not good enough to display the real dynamic range in all pictures.

I lolled. Thanks for the laugh, Michael.

It's pretty true, to show the full dynamic range of photos, you might need to discard the highlight/shadow information or tone map. But not everyone would tone map things cause' pictures are not only shown in monitors.

Just a quick note on the technical side of the software. I bought two station software - one station would not work properly. The tech support area was super nice and attempted to assist as much as possible with questions and attempts going back and forth. I finally got the odd station working, so I have the full version on both units.

Still enjoying the software and the features it brings.

It's better to tonemap most photos, most monitors are not good enough to display the real dynamic range in all pictures.

I lolled. Thanks for the laugh, Michael.

It's pretty true, to show the full dynamic range of photos, you might need to discard the highlight/shadow information or tone map. But not everyone would tone map things cause' pictures are not only shown in monitors.

It's not "pretty true." It's ENTIRELY OPINION.

I think 90%+ of photographers would disagree with you.

Have you considered paying the folks who own/operate this forum to advertise?

I ask because, frankly, this is coming off like spam, IMHO.

does this program do anything different than what Photomatix does when you click tonemap instead of doing a 3 pic HDR import?
From what little I understand about HDR, I was under the impression that a HDR pic required more than one picture at different exposures.
If you only use one picture isnt that just tonemapping and/or saturating?

that's all nice, so keep it up

EchoingWhisper said:

I don't take photos to only view them on a LCD screen.

EchoingWhisper said:

I don't take photos to only view them on a LCD screen.

So you print? Tell me what paper and what ink could have the dynamic range (20EV+-) of your eye?

I just noticed it is only for windows. No Mac version.

this sucks i looked too... doesnt look like a mac version will be out... photomatix all the way still

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back