New here and wanted to say Hi!

HatMan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.mccarthyphotographic.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been a photographer (in one way or another) for over 25 years and have finally decided to become a "part-time" pro doing weddings and events as well as some fine are stuff.

As a result, I've discovered this wonderful forum. As I read some of the threads, I am really looking forward to spending entirely too much time here and learning from the incredible pool of talent!

With that said, I also thought I'd throw out one of my favorite photos and see what you think...

woods1a.jpg

I hope you like it and I look forward to getting as comfortable here as an old pair of slippers...

Best Regards,

Mike McCarthy

Welcome Mike :)

As a result, I've discovered this wonderful forum. As I read some of the threads, I am really looking forward to spending entirely too much time here and learning from the incredible pool of talent!

you easily get addicted here at times ;)

the image is nice, not pushy, but also not spectacular in a sense. it leaves a calm impression of nature and is composed in a classic and pleasing way I would say.

the logo bothers me a bit as it is much more intense than the image itself

I'm basically really nervous about posting my images anywhere as I do sell a limited number of prints and basically watermark my on-line versions with a text copyright notice or this logo in a way that is not easily removable without destroying the intent of the image.

I probably should increase the transparency so it is not so harsh as it is really not my intention to take away from the feeling of the image itself - such as the peace and serenity of this one.

I thought about tweaking the saturation and color, but this is exactly as this scene appears with no retouching at all...

i see the point in watermaring! but at the size you post here the images are unuseale except for www-use anyway.

Most reactions

Back