New Here, and Would Like Some Advice ...

LanEvo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hey guys,

I am new to the photography world, having only a Canon SD1000 P&S. Now, I would like some advice on two DSLRs and which to get, any advice is taken into consideration, I will take biased ,unbiased, just any opinions on which to get/keep (I already have both, but they are unopened). And, I would like advice on this polarizer I am thinking of getting, because I read that a polarizer is one of the most essiential things to get for a DSLR aside form the body and lens.

1) What would/should be taken between a Sony A200 w/ DT 18-70mm lens or Nikon D60 w/ 18-55mm VR lens?

2) What are opinions on this polarizer, looking at the price and that its circular it looks like a great deal, but could it be a fake as well? [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Hoya-Circular-Polarizer-Glass-Filter/dp/B000IEVASY/ref=pd_cp_p_3"]Amazon.com: Hoya 55mm Circular Polarizer Glass Filter - G Series: Camera & Photo[/ame]

Last edited:
because i read that a polarizer is one of the most essiential things to get for a DSLR aside form the body and lens.
Don't believe everything you read.

A polariser is useful, but not necessary.

Also ... I plan on exploring photography a bit, and/so I will be taking it out onto all trips and places that I visit.

3) Is an extra battery a needed/reccomended accessory to have? I am looking at this one, because the price is really good Li-Ion Battery for Sony NP-FM500H .

4) What speed/type of Compact Flash cards should I buy? I would like a card capable of maxing out this cameras performance, just so I know I have somehting that is able to withstand it. Every once in a while, I will be shooting 6 RAW pics and a handful (alot) of JPEGs at continuous, burst mode. I would like a card that can handle this, so that there is minimal to no buffering, after, lets say 20 consecutive shots in burst.

Last edited:
I would suggest an extra battery for sure. However, stick with the Sony brand. I have had two or three different third party batteries for my Nikon, and they have been nothing but trouble. Maybe I just got bad ones, but I'm tired of fooling with them. (Same thing goes for a battery grip :banghead:)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back