New here from Washington (State)

yip812

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone! My name is Dawn, and I'm from Eastern Washington (where it doesn't rain and there are no trees, haha). I found this place a while ago, but haven't really posted much.

I'm new to photography. I've been shooting with a Praktica MTL5B for about 1.5 years. It's fully manual, and the light meter doesn't even work, so I have learned alot. I'm doing okay, getting some nice shots, but nothing fancy yet, all very basic still.

I just got a new camera though, a Minolta Maxxum 300si, a fully automatic SLR. Almost makes me feel like I'm cheating :). I'm so used to that old Praktica, that this one seems too easy.

My praktica has better (more) lenses though, so I'm sure it will still get a good amount of use.

Dawn

welcome to TPF

It may not rain but it gets snowy and cold and us west siders get moldy enough it does not bother us anymore.

Welcome to TPF.

True, but I noticed the west side got a fair amount of snow and cold this year (and we got a lot of rain this winter, how'd that happen?).

I wasn't implying that the no rain and trees was a good thing ;). Haha, I like it here though, most of the time. Gets a little too hot in the summer for my tastes though.

Dawn

It may not rain but it gets snowy and cold and us west siders get moldy enough it does not bother us anymore.

Welcome to TPF.

Hey! I might be moving to your area soon. My family is moving there for military reasons. Is it nice there?

Sorry to hijack your thread. :wink:

Welcome to the forum Dawn.

Hi Dawn, welcome aboard.

Most reactions

Back