BreakDecks

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
[redacted]

Last edited:
Welcome Alex. C&C per req:

1. I really like this image. It's a nice,high-contrast mono coversion. The composition is interesting, but I think there's another image which would be worth capturing too. Shooting from a similar position with your camera positioned in portrait aspect and zoomed in/cropped so that you only have this bridge in the image. I would also consider a day with a better sky, but overall, nicely done!

2. I'm afraid I get almost nothing from this image. There zone of focus is very small, and thre's a lot of distracting elements; my eye really doesn't know where to go.

3. This is another interesting image; I'd like to see the exposure on the trucks reduced a little bit, but I like the effect. How did you light this one?

4. This one needs some work IMO. The background, while softly focused is still very distracting, and the image is at least 1/3 - 1/2 stop under-exposed. As well, try and have the subject look toward you, not necessarily down the lens, but at least in your direction. The colour also seems slightly off, perhaps a WB adjustment? I'm seeing a slight green cast.

5. A classic, and nicely executed except for the missing top of the sun. I would also consider cropping a bit off of one side and making slightly less centered.

Overall, some nice, and interesting images. Looking forward to seeing more.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

#1 is definitely the strongest. The powerful lines and structures create an appealing subject. Though the image does appear to be slightly crooked. Also it may just be my monitor but it seems you left just a slight hint of color in there, creating a bit of interest.

The rest just seem to be nothing more than some random shots, what is it that you want to do with your portfolio? Is it just to show people like friends? Or are you looking for work?

I'd suggest thinking out why you would have a portfolio in the first place and creating a cohesive theme. You want to do headshots? Then only show those. That kind of mentality.

Not to get off topic:
The rest of the photos have an intended subject, but any hint of interest or possible story that could have been told were just lost. Not really sure why the truck and van are all that interesting, the random person with an uninteresting background (which is also very busy), and the sunset which is hazy.

You obviously have some sort of an eye, you saw that first picture and knew you had to take it. Now you just need to learn to control it a bit more, best of luck!

1 and 5 are very interesting,great composition.
2- doesnt do much for me plus i dont know what it's about.
3-like the red sky,the overall effect is nice.
4-nothing special.

Alex, # 1 is amazing. I really like the vanishing point effect.

Welcome to the forum!.

I really like number 3, I just like night pictures.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back