New Here, Saying "Hi" and Hoping for some CC

FirstLight

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone!

My name is Jenn and I'm new to this forum. I should preface this by saying that I don't consider myself "professional" yet but am striving to be. I apologize if there is a more appropriate forum here for this that I didn't notice. I purchased a new camera this past Spring and have fell in love with photography. I'm trying to learn and practice as much as I can and I'd love some good, honest CC (I heard through the grapevine that this is the place to come for good CC).

Anyway, I don't have a website quite yet, but I have put a blog together as a sort of a temporary portfolio. If you could take a look and let me know what you think I'd be most appreciative!

Thanks in advance!

Oh, I should add that I currently shoot with a Nikon D70, 50mm f/1.4 lens, all natural light and do all my PP'ing in CS 100% by hand (I'm just not an actions kind of gal..lol;) ).

My Blog

Please bear in mind that this is just an opinion and that I don't normally comment on this sort of stuff, but this is by far and away some of the best child photography I've seen on here. There are a few minor points worth looking at, but nothing that should stop you being a success if that's what you want to be. Nice work.

I think you should totally consider yourself a pro, your work speaks for itself! You have some great quality photos and should start charging for your stuff. Being a child photographer myself, I know some great business links you help you with the business aspect of things. PM me if you want to know more!

These are incredible! I love how you capture the children as children! Great emotional impact! The colors are perfect and the eyes are amazing. :hail: Big, bright and beautiful. I would consider you a pro...yeah, definitely.

Welcome to TPF! You've got some SERIOUSLY gorgeous stuff in your blog!

Wonderful work Jenn! Do you just setup a location and let the kids have at it? How much interaction do you do with the kids? Do you coach them, or just have fun with them to encourage there joy? Looks like you have as much fun as they are having.

Wonderful stuff on your blog. Welcome to TPF

WOW, this is the type of photography I really want to do. I've been stressing lately over learning everything there is to know about photography (including LIGHTING) and trying to figure out how I'm going to buy everything I need... You give me hope that I can take great photographs with just a camera, a prime lens, and NATURAL light.

I look forward to keeping up with your blog and being inspired! :)

WOW, this is the type of photography I really want to do. I've been stressing lately over learning everything there is to know about photography (including LIGHTING) and trying to figure out how I'm going to buy everything I need... You give me hope that I can take great photographs with just a camera, a prime lens, and NATURAL light.

I look forward to keeping up with your blog and being inspired! :)

just gorgeous! WELCOME xx

Wonderful stuff on your blog. Welcome to TPF

Wonderful work Jenn! Do you just setup a location and let the kids have at it? How much interaction do you do with the kids? Do you coach them, or just have fun with them to encourage there joy? Looks like you have as much fun as they are having.

Ditto to the above. Some really nice work. Look forward to seeing more.

Welcome to TPF! You've got some SERIOUSLY gorgeous stuff in your blog!

awesome work, welcome to the forum, we look forward to your posts!

I think your images are beautiful. Start charging :)

These are incredible! I love how you capture the children as children! Great emotional impact! The colors are perfect and the eyes are amazing. :hail: Big, bright and beautiful. I would consider you a pro...yeah, definitely.

I think you should totally consider yourself a pro, your work speaks for itself! You have some great quality photos and should start charging for your stuff. Being a child photographer myself, I know some great business links you help you with the business aspect of things. PM me if you want to know more!

Please bear in mind that this is just an opinion and that I don't normally comment on this sort of stuff, but this is by far and away some of the best child photography I've seen on here. There are a few minor points worth looking at, but nothing that should stop you being a success if that's what you want to be. Nice work.

what they said. :D

Most reactions

Back