New here so..

Arrow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm new here, and thought I'd introduce myself by posting some of my pictures. I'm in my first year of a BTEC National Diploma in photography, so my photo's aren't exactly great, so with you guys help, I'll improve with my course.

scan.jpg

scan0006.jpg

scan0007.jpg

scan0009.jpg

scan0010.jpg

Nice series. Your gonna have fun on your course. Get out there and play. I try not to go out looking for a shot, but just take my camera with me everywhere, chances are i'm gonna stumble across something interesting.

Good luck on you course too.

There is just something about Black and White photography that has more feeling to it. Especially with that rose one, thats beautiful i have to say.

And the worms eye view is very creative :D

Thankyou for the comments. At the moment I'm attached to my camera, I don't go anywhere with out it, am afriad I'll see a good shot but won't have the camera.

ditto number 4. interesting atmosphere, nice framing. welcome to TPF.

Hi Arrow and welcome to ThePhotoForum.
I assume these are scanned handmade prints that you developed in your school's (or even your own?) darkroom? Very good start that you are being offered on your way into photography, I do miss darkroom experiences (and those little that I had as a child were watch-me experiences only when my father, uncle or sister made prints).

Compositionwise I like the swans, and the diagonal line they are forming within your frame. But that one lacks in contrasts is what I think.
Same applies to the rose although ... the white is on the brink of being blown out ... and I find that rose too centred within your frame.

That first graveyard pic (which also became your avatar) could do with some stronger contrasts, too, I think, and the other one (Photo 4) is really the best of the batch.

And funniest is the "ants-view" ... or worm-view someone here called it? That is really a clever idea for a portrait! :D

WELCOME ^__^. I wish i could take some photography course.....But i guess that photography is like drawing some people have amazing natural tallent and then some people learn the skills to produce the same quality as the people that have natural tallent...im not refering to my self here btw xD.
But i would fall in to the catagory of natural tallent,still honing my skill though.

I like the swan one but the stone angle one...#2 is kinda umm yea maybe i just dont get it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back