New here, some bug macros to share...

nps4474

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
augdrag2.jpg

All taken with a SONY A-100 with a 90mm Tamron macro lens. Locations varied around the city and suburbs of Chicago. Thanks for looking, comments and critiques would be great.:)

augdrag1.jpg

oly13.jpg

oly3.jpg

oly4.jpg

alienbug4.jpg

alienbug2.jpg

fly9.jpg

Hey thanks folks, yeah the first one is cropped in pretty close, trying to stretch the megapix to their fullest!:p

nice shoots ! I just bought a marco lens today can't want to getshoots like this..

Fantastic. The jewl wasp really contrasts so well with the blue flower, the comp is great, it could have had a little more DOF though. The feedign wasp is nice and clear on the eye, and great angle. If i should give a general criticism, a fair few of them have too much grain for my liking. The bug above the jewel wasp is wonderfull, and my fave, i have never seen one like it, it looks like an instar masked assassin bug but i know it is not, the colours are great.

tim

Fantastic. The jewl wasp really contrasts so well with the blue flower, the comp is great, it could have had a little more DOF though. The feedign wasp is nice and clear on the eye, and great angle. If i should give a general criticism, a fair few of them have too much grain for my liking. The bug above the jewel wasp is wonderfull, and my fave, i have never seen one like it, it looks like an instar masked assassin bug but i know it is not, the colours are great.

tim

Hey tpe, thanks for your comments/critiques, I tried to keep the grain to a minimum (crops on most of the photos I posted) I think I may be pushing the limits of the cameras ability to handle noise at high magnifications (Sony A-100) I think the clasrity is alright, but this is all somewhat subjective...:p

I submitted the the photo of the bug you liked to another nature photo forum, they all seem to concur that the creature is an assassin bug of some type.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back