New here...would love a critique.

Olive

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm new to photography and new to my Rebel. All comments are appreciated.

This is my daughter.

EmmaSepia.jpg

Very nice close up and beautiful daughter. I like the expression and eye a lot. I think you need a little more contrast and sharpness here. I think it would also look better cropped in a good bit closer on the right, the extra hair doesn't really contribute anything. I would also consider cloning out the blemishes on her lower face.

Ya - rule of 3rds.

Awesome shot. If you had cropped the right side some, the motion of the photograph would have moved to the left. The sun bouncing off her hair does distract a bit, too. You COULD crop it square, too.

Is that the proportion the camera made the file?

Digital Matt said:
I like the cropped version as well, but with her eye being so dark, she looks like a demon to me or something.

MATT!!! :x She most certainly does not look like a demon! :roll: Men.... :LOL:

Hi Olive, I actually like both these crops. I liked the sun glinting off her hair in the first one, but I don't think the second one is hurt by cropping it out. I like your composition here. Do you have some more? :D

Awesome work!

Digital Matt said:
Terri! I thougt this was a vidcap from the exorcist!

She's a cutie, but I can't get over the evil eye.

Man, that is just so wrong.... :LOL:

Pay no attention to him, Olive.... :wink: He calls himself DigitalMatt when he actually shoots film and has a darkroom. So you see, he has strange perceptions of things. We're just kind to him here, and pat his little head on occasion.

:p

terri said:
Pay no attention to him, Olive.... :wink: He calls himself DigitalMatt when he actually shoots film and has a darkroom. So you see, he has strange perceptions of things. We're just kind to him here, and pat his little head on occasion.

:p

It's true Terri, I'm bi-medium curious, which makes me a little strange . I'm looking for a support group :p

Being serious though for a minute :p I like the photo, and the girl is cute. I just wonder if there was a way to show some more tones in her eye so it's not so solid black. This could also be my monitor as well.

Most reactions

Back