This_guy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
samuel-robbins.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello all!

My name is Sam and I have recently gotten into photography (December 21st to be exact).

In the past two months I have created a website and started doing free lance work.

My goal is to become a professional photographer but isn't that everybody's? Honestly, I am happy just shooting for myself and helping people capture the moment. So ya I guess it's just a hobby for me.

I've been told I have a pretty good knack for photos. However, I feel kind of stuck in where I am artistically at the moment.

I'm here for constructive criticism, tips and maybe even a mentor!

Samuel-Robbins.com

Welcome!

I took a look at your portraits.

To get the most out of this site and possibly others, post one photo for which you might have questions, and tell us what you attempted to do, what you did to achieve your goal, and what equipment/settings you used. If you upload directly from your computer, the EXIF will most likely be attached, so we can see the settings.

You can also set off on a quest for more photographic/artistic education by reading online or books. Good luck!

Sam,

Welcome to TPF from Columbia, MD

Hello all!
I have recently gotten into photography (December 21st to be exact).
In the past two months I have created a website and started doing free lance work.

My goal is to become a professional photographer but isn't that everybody's? Honestly, I am happy just shooting for myself and helping people capture the moment. So ya I guess it's just a hobby for me.

I've been told I have a pretty good knack for photos. However, I feel kind of stuck in where I am artistically at the moment.

My guess is that sometime in the future you will look back at this quote and be a bit chgrined because you didn't kno just how much you didn't know.
You wouldn't buy a piano or a set of paints and brushes and just a couple of months later start announcing to the world that you are ready to do free-lance accompanying or portraiture.
Same with photography.

Start slow, hold back on doing anything except learning for a while.
Learn to use your camera, learn to understand how to use light, learn how to edit.

Just as Designer said, post individual pictures her for critique.
Allow editing (of your pictures) so others can show you what you aren't seeing now.

You might even read this post for some detailed ideas.

Again, welcome.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back