new here.

hillarymarie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm new here, but I have some questions & I'm hoping someone will be able to help me. I've always used P&S cameras, and I own a film SLR, but lately I've been wanting a DSLR - but I don't really want to spend anything more than 4-5 hundred dollars. Any suggestions for a good camera for that price range?

I'm also looking for a DSLR that actually doesn't have much in the way of changing lenses, one I can use a certain lense for just about anything really. My film SLR just has the one lense which I really like the use of and not having the change lenses all the time.

I believe you can get a good entry level dslr from canon or nikon for around $600.

If you have the same sort of film slr, a canon rebel for instance, you can use your old lens/lenses to reduce the price a little bit. However, with film to digital there is a cropping factor (someone who knows more about it can explain it better). The digital body could be like $50 less without a kit lens but i think other than searching ebay its not going to get much cheaper.

But i may be wrong.

thanks for the suggestions.
I added a new question though about DSLR.

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. It sounds like you want a recomendation for an SLR that doesn't require you to change lenses a lot.

It doesn't usually depend on the camera you buy as it does the lens you buy. The 18-55 kit lenses on the entry-level canons and nikons will probably be suitable for your needs.

The Nikon d40 with the 18-55mm kit lens sounds like a camera that would suit your needs.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back