New here...

N'Kolor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello all, I am a new member (obviously). I just want to introduce myself to start; my name is Michael and I am 27 from Central, FL. I just got into photography about 3 months ago. I have always been intrigued by photography but never thought I could do anything with it. The company I work for had a full time photographer and she was let go. I expressed my interests and they allowed me to start shooting the still product shots for our catalog. I have since done a photo shoot that was featured in Koi Nations magazine last month (Pump Testing).

This week I signed up for an 8 week photography course at my local school of arts, Crealde. Today I drove around looking at different cameras, I started the day headed to Apple to get a new computer but the PC I have does a fine job so I decided to use the money and get a nice SLR. The company I work for uses a Canon 10D so when I started looking I assumed I would get a Canon since I knew the menus and such. I picked up a Nikon D80 and really liked the way it felt but learning the new menus seemed like a curve I didn't want to address. I then picked up a Canon 30D and I liked the way it felt too. I had decided on the 30D but they only had one left and it was the "floor" model.

Then the lady said, the Canon 40D is the newest unit and the same price as the 30D with the same lenses (25-135) but they didn't have any in-stock. I went ahead and ordered the 40D and when I got home, I was pleasantly surprised with the positive reviews and the new features compared to the 30D.

Again, just wanted to introduce myself and say that I am really enjoying the field of photography.

Welcome Michael. You've posted in the wrong forum, but nothing a moderator can't fix. I hope to see some of your work some time. You've purchased -- from what I've heard -- a good camera and I hope you have fun with it!

Have a good time and read the rules! >:O

Happy shooting,
- Capt. Steven Wallaby Stevens

Most reactions

New Topics

Back