New hobbiest photographer

ShaneF

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello forum, I have been taking your average point and shot pictures for years but recently i have bough myself a decent camera and started putting some time and effort into my photographs. . That being said i would like to become a better photographer so i may take better photos to work with in the first place.

Here are some photos i have recently taken, some have minor editing. I'm not sure in this forum if raw unedited pics are preferred or not. Anyway all this is pretty new to me so all feedback is appreciated. Thanks

Welcome, eh.

It is important to learn the difference with what you are seeing and what you will see in the final image.
Take a step back and look that these images ... ask yourself what you remember you saw and if the image captured that.

Welcome aboard.

This looks like a nice place. Be careful with your horizons - you're about to lose all your water off the left side!

Again, welcome.
The B/W shot is my favorite of the set. Dennis summed it up pretty good. Not sure if your camera, or if your using a preview, but seeing the shot moments after you take it, and not hrs later on a pc is the best time to know whether it needs to be retaken or is a winner.

Like yourself, I am also a beginner, and just started on here, but these people are great for helping out. Keep shooting and posting :)

Thanks for the comments , but me being a newbie at this i cant see which one you are talking about the horizon in. they all look pretty even to me, or do mean all of them? lol can you tell me which picture?

I think the bottom 3 are all just slightly tilted. Welcome!

lol sounds about right because im slightly tilted :) ill have to work on that.

Thanks for the comments , but me being a newbie at this i cant see which one you are talking about the horizon in. they all look pretty even to me, or do mean all of them? lol can you tell me which picture?
If you scroll down, placing the water at the top edge of your browser window, you can see the left side is a bit lower than the right. It is simple enough to fix with an editor.

They are pretty much straightforward happy snap scenic, and there is nothing wrong with that, it's all practice. As mentioned watch those horizon lines. Try working inside the overall big picture that you see and pick out some smaller areas to work with, changing the height, higher or lower, will change what you see. Sit on the ground and look around at the everything. Always keep a good eye on the backgrounds, it is a common mistake that many make, seeing the subject in foreground is the easy part. These are just a few general tips, and not a reflection of your photos. Have fun.

Welcome to the forum! Anyone have a shamwow? I've got lake all over my desk, I think it leaked out.

Cool shots, like the bw one!

There's nothing to add to what's been said other than to say that I really like #2. My first reaction to #1 was questioning what you were wanting to show us.

a little playing around today in photoshop

Most reactions

New Topics

Back