New Holland Honey Eater

stapo49

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
honeyeater.jpg

Very good shot, never seen one of these before......

Lovely looking bird.

I prefer the subjects to be off center, in this case to the right. Never the less, the quality of the shot is great.

That's a cool looking dude. Nice capture. =]

Very good shot, never seen one of these before......

Lovely looking bird.

I prefer the subjects to be off center, in this case to the right. Never the less, the quality of the shot is great.

Very cool bird, that's ace!

Excellent shot!

Nice looking bird. The intense eyes remind me of our grackles.

That's a cool looking dude. Nice capture. =]

Thanks all. The little buggers are hard to nail down as they flit about everywhere. Lucky to get his one standing still for a couple of seconds.

What sort of physical size are they? It's hard to tell when I'm not familiar with the species.

What sort of physical size are they? It's hard to tell when I'm not familiar with the species.

I googled this for you.
Description[edit]
The bird is around 18 cm (7.1 in) long and is mainly black, with a white iris, white facial tufts and yellow margins on its wing and tail feathers.

I googled this for you.
Description[edit]
The bird is around 18 cm (7.1 in) long and is mainly black, with a white iris, white facial tufts and yellow margins on its wing and tail feathers.

Ah, so they ain't tiny. Similar in size to UK blackbirds and thrushes. Your efforts are appreciated.

Beautiful bird and nice sharp photo.

Most reactions

Back