new lens aperture problem...

bladecx321

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey everyone I just purchased a new lens for my D60. It's an Nikkor AF 28mm f2.8. For some reason, I can't change the aperture when it's on my camera. I can change it of course on the ring on the lens, but my camera says "Lock lens aperture ring at minimum aperture (largest f-number)." So I can't take a picture without the aperture set to 22... When I change the aperture in Manual mode, it looks like it is changing. But why can't I change it on the ring? Is that just for a film camera or something?

There is no problem.

You must lock the aperture ring to f/22, so the camera can engage the aperture adjustment lever on the lens. Then, you can change the aperture with the command wheel.

When you change the aperture with the command wheel the aperture ring on the lens doesn't move when the camera actually adjusts the lens aperture.

Take the lens off and locate the aperture adjustment lever on the lens mount. You probably already know, but AF lenses won't AF on a D60, which never stopped me from using them when I had a D60.

Last edited:
Great thanks for explaining that to me. And yes I am aware that they won't AF on a D60, but like you, doesn't stop me from using them!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back