New Lens, First Shots

existence02

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just playing with a new lens I picked up today. An older lady here in town sold a Tamron AF 70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2 lens for only $5. Looks like brand new. Came with a lens hood and UV filter. She had both a speedlight and a 50mm 1.8, but had already sold them before I got there, probably just as cheap. Just wanted to share a few of my first shots with the lens from this afternoon.

3866446000_7bac3999c9_o.jpg

3866448014_39e6fe222f_o.jpg

3866443406_bd279838a5_o.jpg

Wow...you got an astoundingly good deal.

That first shot is really nice...could crop off a bit from the top...but all three images seem slightly OOF (out-of-focus) or don't have enough DOF (depth of field).

Damn ... how come I never find such great deals? :(
The pictures don't look that sharp for some reason, unless you applied softness in PP.

The pictures are a little soft because I missed my focal point. These were the best of the bunch. If I posted the full resolution shots you'd see that the daisy I missed the focus on both sides of the flower's petals and hit the focus on the capitulum. Should have used a wider aperture to help with the depth of field and probably gotten a sharper image. Oh well they were really just test shots. Looking forward to getting out and actually using the new lens.

Divorce sale? 1 time I purchased a 4 month old Ducati motorcycle for $50..

It's hard to get sharp images with the tamron 70-300mm :meh:

Most reactions

Back