New Lens HDR approved sample images Downtown photo shoot

vipgraphx

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I just this new lens today. A super wide Tokina 12-24mm F4. I never have purchased third party lenses but I really wanted a nice tack sharp super wide angle lens for some landscape and city scapes. I read about this one and was told it was super sharp and even more than the NIKON. So I took a chance because of the special price I got and wala ...I a sold sold sold!!! Anyone out there do not hesitate to buy this lens its built like tank, its heavy and just feels like a pro lens.

Here are the sample HDR images I did. Hope you like and comments and critiques welcom

This photo is more of a photo realistic picture. Not to much processing.

church photo by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

These next 2 photos have been processed more.

church by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

building by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

The first one really doesn't look like it's even HDR. Looks like a normal 1-frame shot.

Second, the HDR shows up, but works well, especially for the details in the stonework.

The last one..... the blooming & halos ruin it. There's three different shades of blue in the sky. I'd like to see the clouds on the right toned down a bit instead of being pure white.

Today was a crazy day to shoot. It was over cast all day with and rain. When I finally got a chance to shoot the sun came out on the right and to the left of me was all cloudy really dark. This is why you see the change in the sky in the third shot. HDR always brings out more of that.:sexywink:

The first shot is to show the wide angle of the lens at 12mm. People are always complaining about HDR and how it looks to cartoony so I have been working on technique to show that HDR can look real and help enhance photos. Believe me with the way that the lighting was with the clouds this shot was hard to get to look good. The clouds cleared and it was about sunset time so the front of this building was really dark and the sky was really light. But after quite some pictures and changes in ISO I was able to get enough pictures to make this look like a real 1 shot picture perfect image.

The second was cropped in to show wide angle in portrait mode with a little more processing to give it the HDR look but no over done where its over saturated.

These images look amazing on my 27" screen and the smaller images dont really do them justice. You can see way more detail when enlarged using flickr and more so on my screen with the normal size image.

Thanks though for posting comments. Its always good to get CC makes us better and keep developing.:thumbup:

Post some non HDR's with it, I'd like to see! In the market for a wide angle.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back