NEw lens!

clinte89

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well hello all its been a while since Ive been on here in part thanks to my grandma breaking my one and only lens! UGH Anyway for christmas Im getting a 35mm dx lens for my d40x. I am wondering as I use to shoot with a d300s and a 50mm lens, any tips for shooting with a prime only lens. I do plan on building up my lens arsenal before getting another d300s or beyond so most my lens will be of FX formula. So any tips would be great. I just need some help getting ideas for some artistic flare.
Thanks all and good to be back.

if you used to shoot with a 50mm, then you have already shot with a prime lens. 35mm will just be a little wider than the 50mm.

uh, put things that are somehow interesting, beautiful or empathetic in front of the lens?

And, mind the distortion, CA, and low quality CoC Nikon's AF-S 35 mm f/1.8 G delivers.

I understand there is a ca issue but for me it's not enough to deter me. Yes I've already shot with a prime lens but just asking for ways to be more creative I guess just move around the subject more.

And, mind the distortion, CA, and low quality CoC Nikon's AF-S 35 mm f/1.8 G delivers.

eh, if you have any reasonably decent post program, it's going to correct the distortion and CA issues (as its lateral). The CoC issue I've never felt was too big of a deal unless you have a lot of tiny lights in the background. It's not drop dead gorgeous, bit it's still likable.

Click on the link.

Love 35mm on FX-I'm a Canon guy, but I love my 35mm f1.4. No real tips for shooting with it, just have to zoom with the feet.

Oh thanks I guess I'll have to just watch out for that. Thanks

What's wrong with that 50mm lens that you do not like it? Is it because of the angle of view is not wide enough for you?

I loved my 50 but like an idiot I sold it, ugh super stupid decision.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back