Beav

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
allmarkphotography.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello.

I have a Canon 400D to sell as well as the 18-55mm kit lens. Once these have sold im hoping to get something to replace the focal lengths from 20's up to 70's. I currently have a 10-20mm sigma and a 55-250mm canon zoom lens.

I did found a 28-75mm tamron but with me using a 60D and it being a crop sensor it might be a little awkward at times.

There is a 24-70mm f2.8 up to f4 at 70mm. This is around £200 second hand. The other option I have found is a 24-70mm f2.8 through all focal lengths and this is £100 more.

Any experience/recommendations on these lenses?

Thanks

Edit, maybe a 17mm up to 50/55mm would be ideal as this will be my mid range zoom therefore ile be using it in paddocks at motorsport events

Last edited:
Are you talking about Tamron f/2.8 24-70 or Canon?

If you're on a budget your best bet would be finding a used Tamron 24-70 f/2.8 VC, but those are relatively new so you may not be able to find it used.
The price difference will be significant from f/4 to f/2.8 so first you gotta figure out how much money you got and if you "really" need f/2.8

Are you talking about Tamron f/2.8 24-70 or Canon?

If you're on a budget your best bet would be finding a used Tamron 24-70 f/2.8 VC, but those are relatively new so you may not be able to find it used.
The price difference will be significant from f/4 to f/2.8 so first you gotta figure out how much money you got and if you "really" need f/2.8

I was on about sigma bud. I noticed its £100 more to get the 2.8 version through all focal lengths. Thats second hand for both versions.

Having f/2.8 all the way through the focal range is VERY nice. I've developed a very strong bias for low-focal ratio lenses. They are expensive, but I highly recommend them if they are within your budget.

Having f/2.8 all the way through the focal range is VERY nice. I've developed a very strong bias for low-focal ratio lenses. They are expensive, but I highly recommend them if they are within your budget.

The only thing im thinking is in the future ide like a 150-500mm sigma for motorsports and maybe after that a 70-200. So maybe the 17-70mm would be a better option. I have just bought a 60D and do not see the need to go full frame yet or at any time.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back