new logo & making an action for it

emogirl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.imageevent.com
Hi All...i need a little ps help. For the life of me, i must be missing something and cant figure it out. After 15 years i finally had a logo designed and love it. However, I want to use my logo as my proofmark on my pictures and run it as an action. I have the logo as a layered psd on a transparent background to drop onto an image, which works great and looks wonderful. But when i try to run it as an action, it wont grab it from the psd and put it onto the image. there must be a way to set this up, cuz i certainly wont be doing it one at a time..i'll lose my mind! Any ideas how to do it? thanks for the help.

web%20sample%20logo.jpg

Hmm... Neat. I keep thinking of logos as symbols without text.

anyone know how??? you cant tell me you all do it one by one....there has to be a way to set up an action for it

The only way I have ever seen it done automatically is via a service such as smugmug. I have seen it done manually elsewhere.

By the way, congratulate me on my 100th post.

Not 100% sure on this, not having tried it out with your PSD but I'm thinking that because of all the layers you might have to flatten it first or save it as a Tiff or JPeg and then run the action on it. Hope this helps.

my logo is a layered psd on a transparent background, so all i need to do is have my logo file open, and grab it and drag it onto my final jpeg to present to clients. doing it manually works just fine, but when i set it up as an action, it wont grab it from one file and and drag it over to the new one..... does that make more sense to you?

create a brush from your logo.
With the pattern selected (the quickest way to do this is to hold Ctrl and click on the page icon in the layers pallet... next to the eye)... then go to File> Define brush.

You should now have a brush in the shape of your logo.... try on a new layer... you should now be able to quickly stamp your photos. The brush will stay in your PS brush set perminantly.

From here you can either continue to stamp or probably make an action from it.

Here is a link to the Russle Brown Show. Go about 3/4 way down and he shows you how to do a watermark to an action. Maybe this will help.? Its labeled as digital watermark branding.
russellbrown

i created a brush to stamp my logo on to each image. only takes a second! not sure how to do exactly what you are asking though so probably no help at all x sorry!!!!!

Kim, Can you save your logo as a jpg? I have my logo as a PSD but also in jpeg versions as well. Here's what I do:
When I record my action, and I'm ready to put the logo on there, I do file-> Place and use the jpeg. Then size it on there where I will want it and how big. Then layers-> Flatten. Then save.
It seems to work for me this way as an action because I couldn't get an action to record the act of dragging it from the file and putting it on there. So I use File, Place instead.
I hope that helps you!

jsm, arch, markus, april...thank you!! I think that's exactly what i need to do...thanks for your help..i will give everyone's way a try and see what one works best!

Hi All...just wanted to let you know that I figured it out.

I used the brush tool and made a preset....which is just fabulous and great control there. However, i could still not set it up as an action. And doing the volume of work i do, even the time it took to select the brush is time consuming....

so, i ended up going with aprils suggestion and using "place" instead of dragging from an open file and was able to create an action using that. worked perfectly!

thanks everyone for your input!

create a brush from your logo.
With the pattern selected (the quickest way to do this is to hold Ctrl and click on the page icon in the layers pallet... next to the eye)... then go to File> Define brush.

You should now have a brush in the shape of your logo.... try on a new layer... you should now be able to quickly stamp your photos. The brush will stay in your PS brush set perminantly.

From here you can either continue to stamp or probably make an action from it.
that's a really good idea. thanks!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back