New MacBook Pro! Seatbelts sold separately

W.Smith

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Apple has just announced the upgraded MacBook Pro (15.4- and 17-inch models) with the Intel Core 2 Duo ("Merom") 64-bit dual core processor.
The standard hard drive sizes have been increased, a FireWire 800 port has been added to all models (again, reaffirming that FireWire, and specifically FireWire 800, is not dead, and that Apple responded to customer requests to add it to the 15.4-inch model), and the optical drive is now dual-layer-write-capable on all models.

Now there's a photography accessory! :drool: :drool: :drool:

cal_gundert05 said:
Sweet! My sister just dropped hers (not a Pro).

A friend of mine cracked his screen because he closed the screen but forgot that his headphones were sitting on the keyboard.

I would love to be able to afford one... but honestly all I would be doing with it would be processing pictures... and I cant justify $3k for a laptop just for that...

I did check out one in the apple store though... and both it and the aperture software was really nice...

im using the 17" model and it is amazing
only downfall is photoshop has to run under the emulated "rosetta" software because it is not intel native

CS2 suite runs ok, provided you have a LOT of ram - it was unbearable at 512, and now usable at 1GB, but I'd rather have 2GB. I wonder if they'll fix the cooling issue - this thing gets so hot I can't use it on my lap - has to be at my desk, or with a pillow under it (at the risk of setting myself on fire).

I wonder if they'll fix the cooling issue - this thing gets so hot I can't use it on my lap - has to be at my desk, or with a pillow under it (at the risk of setting myself on fire).
I don't think they plan to. Apple's notebook computers have been relabled as "Portable Computers" as apposed to "Laptop Computer". Glad I don't have this problem on my little old iBook. Maybe you should invest in something like the http://www.raindesigninc.com/ilap.html.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back