KizaHood

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
kizahood.8m.com
Hi all,

I'm new here, my name is Djordje (means George), and I'm 31.

I hope you'll give some sharp critiques on this one, I'd like to improove my work. Here's the pic:
turbososa88-Vremeplov.jpg

hello George and welcome!

interesting dilapidated structure you've shot. i like that you chose a night shoot for this. the blown out area of the building and light flare are a bit distracting. do you shoot digital? if so, you may be able to clone the flare out and burn the blown area a bit. i would also rotate the intire image ever so slightly ccw. just my .02

Thanks for quick replys!
I understand the issue you're talking about, but I didn't want to manipulate the photo after it was taken.

This photo was taken when me and my friend performed Zenit KM vs Nikon F-100 shootout. We used the same film (400 spd Fuji Superia), later developed in the same lab. For this particular photo, I advised him to override metering by +1, so he made 1 stop brighter photo. I liked his photo more, but on his photo flared area is even more distracting. Unfortunatelly, he didn't have his film scanned, so I can't show you the difference.

Annoying fact about my camera is that when the shutter speed exceeds 1s, the camera may work in AP mode only (no manual settings for long exposures, no overriding :x ), othervise it's very good.

nice shot, its interesting because the top and the bottom of the buildings are so different looking. i would say it is a little overexposed on the bottom, and plus the flares. Those can be hard to avoid, though. i like your avatar more actually.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back