New member...

Mitica100

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
...of my LF family is a Linhof Technika 4x5 which I was able to get for a very low price. That would make my third 4x5 camera and I'm thinking of parting with the Speed Graphic I have. The other one, a Toyo 45CX, is not as portable as the Linhof and Speed Graphic due to its monorail. But I'll keep it for now.

Where's the picture of the new baby? ;)

And a family group shot is always nice, as well.

LT.jpg

:thumbup: It looks great! :) Do you have compatible lenses, then? (Not certain how that works, if the boards are interchangable from system to system.....?)

:sigh: I can't wait to get into LF and figure it all out. I want a Tachihara 4x5 field camera. :heart: Gotta go with what's lightweight, I'm afraid.

:thumbup: It looks great! :) Do you have compatible lenses, then? (Not certain how that works, if the boards are interchangable from system to system.....?)

:sigh: I can't wait to get into LF and figure it all out. I want a Tachihara 4x5 field camera. :heart: Gotta go with what's lightweight, I'm afraid.

Tachiharas are great. The only thing that stopped me from getting one was the weight of it. It's very light and any breeze would definitely move the camera/bellows no matter how heavy duty tripod sits on. So I sacrificed a little more weight for sturdiness.

All my lenses from the Toyo 45CX are compatible, I just need to get or make lensboards for the Technika. From what I see they're abundant on Ebay, not like the CX45 ones.

See, it's the lightness that appeals to me the most. :lol: Well, and that purdy cherry wood.... I'll just have to be reeeeally careful out there on breezy days. Or, get a new pack mule, my current one is already complaining. :mrgreen:

Good news about the lenses - I would imagine the boards aren't much of an issue, cost-wise, but surely the lenses are another story.

Update...

The Linhof arrived today. It was in so-so shape cosmetically speaking and was a bit dusty overall. Nothing a little elbow grease couldn't fix. I spent a couple of hours smoothing things out, polishing surfaces and blowing the dust off. The result? A very compact 4x5, I couldn't believe it! I need a few more things for it, a fresnel 4x5 focusing glass, a few lensboards and away I go... Man, I could pack this in one of my Harley's bags and I'd have room for the holders left!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back