New model horizontal portrait (C&C please)

Low_Sky

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
$9577456161_55623d473a_z.jpg

IMG_1141.1 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

This is my new model. She's a Jersey cow that lives out by my dad's house. If she's near the fence, she'll walk right over and let you pet her. I asked her to stand a little further back so that the top strand of the fence wasn't in the shot, but she wasn't being cooperative. I know you're not supposed to go "hands on" with your models, but she kept trying to lick me and was just too friendly to not give a good head scratch to.

On a more serious note, this is the first photo I have ever really post-processed, and would like C&C in that regard. I corrected the white balance using the star on her head (had it set to indoor light when I took the photo, so the JPEG looked blue), increased the sharpness just a little bit, and toned down the highlights so you could make out more detail in that white spot. I used the kit software that came with my camera (I'm not ready to invest in Light Room yet). I think I did okay, but would love to hear C&C from people who know better. Thanks for looking!

Canon T3i
50mm f/1.8 lens
1/20"
f/2.0
ISO 800

You bring that gorgeous girl treats! Also, I agree with paigew.

Thanks for the feedback. I will definitely be taking more photos of her in the future, and will try to get one with a little more space at the bottom.

It's a cow. And aspect ratio is too wide.

good thing to do with cows, if you can get in the fence, is to lay down in the field and use your widest lens and you will get some great perspectives

She is a beautiful model! Good post processing, too. It's a wonder someone did not mention posing her behind a fence pole to make her look thinner...lol

This caught my breath... Love the perspective.

Always loved cows, it's like they are trying so hard to read your mind. A portrait version of the same shot would have been nice.

Great shot! I would get rid of that little stip of barbed wire that runs across the bottom though, it's kind of annoying.

Great shot! I would get rid of that little stip of barbed wire that runs across the bottom though, it's kind of annoying.

I was really trying to get it out of the frame, and this was the best I could do with where she was standing. I'm not near the "I'll just clone that out" level yet.

Thanks for all the feedback, everyone!

I like the composition. I don't think I;ve ever seen a cow from directly in front before. Nice work! Photography is about showing us things in new ways, and this does it!

Most reactions

Back