New model shot - portrait pro software

doziergraphic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First image is a copy of the original jpeg (downsized to 30% in Paint for posting) as shot. The second image was processed in Elements 7 with Auto Lighting and Auto Contrast. Did not adjust the color. Then ran through Portrait Professional. She didn't need much. The lines horizontal on her lips are a result of resizing to 30% for posting - not in the full size.

_IMG_0103_webo.jpg

_IMG_0103_web.jpg

Much smoother skin texture on #2

totally missed the blue vein. but very noticable now that you mention it. thanks!

Much better skin texture on #2. Aside from the blue vein, smoothing the hair out a bit could help the portrait look a little more polished :)

DOZ nice! I would try to move the subject further from the background. I had similar shots to yours from before and you can see the hairs look a little burned on edges. The flash that's lighting up your background is hitting the hair hard. So if there's a way to block the light from spilling on her would be the ideal way. Great job either way!

it's not a very good composition to begin with

why?

the composition is done in a way that the focus isn't on her face...

she's slightly crooked.

if you print it the top of her head will be underneath the frame

cropping to an 8x10 leaves her cleavage as the bottom-most item. you don't want to draw attention to the edge of the photo, it lets the eye go off frame

Last edited:
gotcha. good points. however, I crop and reduce them in Paint before posting anything on the web. I leave more white space above in my original photos for printing purposes. But someone would have critiqued it as having too much white space above.

So the original I have is easily 'cropible' (not the word I'm sure) for print.

thanks for the feedback FM.

Most reactions

Back