New monitor..

TamiAz

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I received a Dell Ultrasharp monitor for Christmas, but not sure what settings to use. I am really not tech savvy, so I'm kind of clueless when setting stuff up. I'm not even sure what to google. Are settings different if you'll be editing pictures? Do I use Adobe RGB color profile? There a ton of different profiles listed. I use a laptop and this new monitor will be used when I'm editing pictures. Is there anything else I need to change on my computer? I'll calibrating the monitor with Colormunki.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.. Thank you!

I received a Dell Ultrasharp monitor for Christmas, but not sure what settings to use. I am really not tech savvy, so I'm kind of clueless when setting stuff up. I'm not even sure what to google. Are settings different if you'll be editing pictures? Do I use Adobe RGB color profile? There a ton of different profiles listed. I use a laptop and this new monitor will be used when I'm editing pictures. Is there anything else I need to change on my computer? I'll calibrating the monitor with Colormunki.

Use the colormunki software to calibrate the displays on the new monitor and the laptop and apply profiles to them. The colormunki should be able to calibrate the displays to match so that they’re accurate.

As far as the rest of the settings; I’ll let someone who is more articulate and knowledgeable than myself explain them.

You don't say which Dell UltraSharp model you got.
Dell UltraSharp displays are generally 8-bit color depth displays that cannot display all the colors in the Adobe RGB color space.
Set the display to the Monitor sRGB color space.

Edit your images in the ProPhoto RGB color space and then use Edit > Convert to profile (not assign profile) to set the image file to IEC 61966-2-1:1999 sRGB before you save it.

Educate yourself:
http://www.adobe.com/digitalimag/pdfs/color_managed_raw_workflow.pdf

You don't say which Dell UltraSharp model you got.
Dell UltraSharp displays are generally 8-bit color depth displays that cannot display all the colors in the Adobe RGB color space.
Set the display to the Monitor sRGB color space.

Edit your images in the ProPhoto RGB color space and then use Edit > Convert to profile (not assign profile) to set the image file to IEC 61966-2-1:1999 sRGB before you save it.

Educate yourself:
http://www.adobe.com/digitalimag/pdfs/color_managed_raw_workflow.pdf

Thank you.. This is the monitor I got.
https://www.amazon.com/Dell-27-Inch...qid=1514248569&sr=8-1&keywords=dell+u2718q+4k

Thanks for the link.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Use the colormunki software to calibrate the displays on the new monitor and the laptop and apply profiles to them. The colormunki should be able to calibrate the displays to match so that they’re accurate.

As far as the rest of the settings; I’ll let someone who is more articulate and knowledgeable than myself explain them.

Thank you!

Most reactions

Back