New, new, new. First shots.

Ruining

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Okay. I'm so brand new to this that it's not really funny. This is one of the first shots I took with my new camera. I should say, my first camera. Don't rip me apart just yet, I'll move up to that. I've never taken classes and this really is my first camera, but it's a hobby I've always thought I would love. Lots of learning to do. (Is that enough with the disclamers?)

This was a shot a week or so ago. I feel I'm using the wrong film and I'm just having these processed at a 1 hour place and put onto cd to kind of get my bearings. Is there a better way? I would love to turn my spare bedroom into a darkroom, but the only thing I know about those is that they are dark.

So here is what I'm coming up with. Terrible? Where do I go from here?

Thanks in advance.

dark.jpg

And, my wife busy holding back our killer Am Staff mix!

684772-R1-21-3.jpg

i like the first one, very foggy and soft... cool shot...good beginning...

the dog is beautiful... and has very intellegent eyes...

i think you did a great job... welcome to tpf...

Thanks for the comments, ladies. I'm looking foreward to learning so much from everyone here. This board has some wonderful talent!

I really like the first one - I love the fog! Very nice beginning shot! :thumbup:

love the first! i would crop out about 2/3 of the forground.

welcome to TPF!

The first shot is cool. Your off to a good start. Your taking pictures and posting them. Good lookin pooch too.
Welcome to the forum. !!!

Thanks again for the comments. I actually just figured I would get a bunch of, "that's too grainy... looks too nasty" stuff. Even if that would be accurate, thanks for the encouragement. I know I've got a LONG ways to go.

JonMikal. I'll crop it and see how it goes. Thanks for the input.

Well, you certainly have the eye for photography it seems. The first picture really shows that you are off to a great great start. Although, the first picture could have been a little lighter, in a sense. Keep your pictures coming, I will be anticipating them.

Viajero said:
Well, you certainly have the eye for photography it seems. The first picture really shows that you are off to a great great start. Although, the first picture could have been a little lighter, in a sense. Keep your pictures coming, I will be anticipating them.
How would I get the photo lighter with the light coming from behind the scene? Is it possible? Just wondering if there is something else I could do next time. Like I said, noobie!:D And, thanks!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back