New Nikon 2x teleconverter: TC-20E III (January, 2010)

MrLogic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It features a new optical design. It was released yesterday, together with an updated 300 f/2.8 VR II. Specs & lens compatibility:

AF-S Teleconverter TC-20E III from Nikon

Nikon | Imaging Products | AF-S Teleconverter TC-20E II

• Outstanding optical quality to meet the demands of Nikon FX-format camera users
  • Increases the focal length of a prime lens by 100%*
  • An aspherical lens element is adopted - a world first
  • Employing an aspherical lens realizes a compact and lightweight body
  • Newly developed optical design achieves superior contrast and resolution

Boy I was hoping it would work with my 70-300. I had checked with Nikon and to date they do not have a TC that will work with that lens. Sigh, maybe the next one.

Boy I was hoping it would work with my 70-300. I had checked with Nikon and to date they do not have a TC that will work with that lens. Sigh, maybe the next one.

Highly unlikely. Though it would be nice to have a 1.4x for the 70-300. Nikon won't make a teleconverter for lenses slower than constant f/4.

Hmm an aspherical lens in a teleconverter. Call me crazy but I didn't know anyone who wanted to buy a 2x teleconverter was actually expecting high quality results :)

lvcrtrs just get the optically excellent Kenko pro 300 teleconverter series. The results definitely won't be too hot since the 70-300 isn't that sharp compared to it's far more expensive counterparts, and that would show up more with a teleconverter.

Also it will be slow or outright fail to autofocus.

Most reactions

Back