New Nikon Camera out

they have had a similar camera for sometime

i don't remember the exact model number as when i checked it out i was comparing it to a g9

It was the Nikon P6000, terrible performance over 400 ISO - the P7000 however I think is the camera I've been waiting for when traveling light.

I actually have a Canon Powershot A640 I use as my digital backup, really nice camera, got it on the cheap. I just couldn't justify the cost of a Gx when I could spend that kind of money on glass for my Rebel.

I'm hoping that Nikon got the P7000 right. The P6000 was really out classed by the competition and this market segment really likes competition... there's lots of room for it.

Panasonic gained market share here from Canon, I think Nikon should more than capable. The other manufacturers missed the last opportunity when Canon screwed up with the G7 (but quickly recovered with the G9 soon after).

I think this should be a good one. Though I am wondering if Nikon or Canon will enter the 4/3 'rds world. Sony kind of did with the NEX line but they dont have 4/3 they have crop sensors... Sony did good though....

thanks for reminding me of which model that was.

i checked out the nikon and then the g9 and g10 but ended up with an olympus pen e-1 that is use as my point and shoot.

hope the nikon works out for you.

thanks for reminding me of which model that was.

i checked out the nikon and then the g9 and g10 but ended up with an olympus pen e-1 that is use as my point and shoot.

hope the nikon works out for you.

Im sure it will be great for my wife.

Most reactions

Back