New Nikons!

I am impressed with the pricing on the D300. 8 FPS with battery grip is really making me like nikon but Im a sony guy and sony has its own tricks up its sleeves!

woot! D200 dirt cheap! might be upgrading sooner than I thought!

OMG I absolutely LOVE the current hyper-competitive market. These are GREAT cameras.

Live View on both of them, btw.

I'm surprised by the low pixelcount on the D3 - 12.1 Megalpixels. They're super-fat-big pixels, so there's awesome sensitivity and extremely low noise, but a great lens can offer resolution beyond this sensors abilities.

But hey, they win the ISO battle. ISO 25600 - that's not a typo.

And 11 fps (with AF off) is pretty good, too.

Congrats to Nikon users, you must be very happy!

11 fps WITH AF ON

its with AF set to S if AF is set to C then its a bit slower

k, i just actually read the articles.

HOLY CRAP!!!!

ISO 25600? WTF is going on here?!?!?!?

holy freaking crap they look so good. man I hope Canon comes out with something even better really fast. I mean the 40d is nice and everything but GEEEEZ

holy freaking crap they look so good. man I hope Canon comes out with something even better really fast. I mean the 40d is nice and everything but GEEEEZ
Did you miss the announcement of the Canon 1DsmkIII a few days ago??

Whoo Hoo!! Doesn't look like ill be switching to canon after all... and ISO of 25,600!?

I think you will be able to hear that one...like a sonic boom maybe? :D

bad thing is, i just got the D200 and if the price goes down dramatically I'm going to be pissed....

Damn, I was just about to purchase a d80 and if I can get THAT for around the same price as I would have upgraded to the d200 for it sounds like a deal.

...bad thing is, i just got the D200 and if the price goes down dramatically I'm going to be pissed....
Oh no, I'm sure it will hold its value for years to come :er: :greenpbl: :sexywink:

YES!:mrgreen: I hate the feeling of wasted money...

Good news is that its going to be significantly cheaper that the Canon counterpart, I cant wait to see how they perform side by side though!

Dang.
I'm in a great position, since i currently only own a 350D and don't have any special lenses for it, just cheap crappy things... So i could easily switch to Nikon if I wanted.
And that D3 really makes me want to switch.
My next camera purchase is going to be going towards a top pro line camera, so either the D3 or with canon a 1ds mkIII now.
I'm ready to go all out, but thats not going to be for another year (who knows what will be out then).
I must say I'm impressed with the secrecy nikon has kept with these cameras.

Dang.
I'm in a great position, since i currently only own a 350D and don't have any special lenses for it, just cheap crappy things... So i could easily switch to Nikon if I wanted.

Im in the same position too. 20D and a few cheaper lenses.

Could be a good time to go get that D200 and grip that ive wanted for a while at a good price...

Most reactions

Back