New....oh where to begin!

Kaleighx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I've done a year of college to get my counseling degree, but photography has still been my passion so I figured I have one life and I'm going to pursue it (wish me luck :] )

I don't have too much of a plan and don't know where to start... the only plan I have is my take workshops, classes, read books, etc basically anything to just absorb myself in photography and gain all the knowledge to start building a portfolio and work up. My friend said she would let me use her pentax k100d (I believe?) so I dont have to front money and i can save up for a camera, lenses, etc.

So any information would be sooo helpful.... Im excited to know that Im going to have something of my own :)

the only plan I have is my take workshops, classes, read books, etc basically anything to just absorb myself in photography and gain all the knowledge to start building a portfolio and work up.

Now that's a great plan!!!! perfect.. don't change it... definitely don't get blinded by blowing all you money on expensive "pro" equipment. Focus on the photography... you'll known when and what you need as time goes on.

take lots of pictures. put them on here and then tell everyone that they are the best pics ever. you will learn a lot. some helpful stuff and some not so much, but you will learn a lot.

thank you guys! It gives me a little peace of mind to know I'm going in the right direction :) I am afraid a little of criticism but I know its all good and helpful and I just need to take more pictures and try not to get blinded by all the equipment ;)

Well you seem to have a plan, just stick with it and, dont frustrate yourself. And welcome.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back