New Old Gear

Lol, great analogy lol
Ultimately I'd like to get into C-41, I want to do my motion shots on film and after some experiments with black and white I have come to the conclusion that the ones that work in B&W are too few and far between to be viable, the colour matters.

Thanks Lenny :) Well see I never knew that, just looked it up and it does in fact run on a battery in the film pack.... dayum.....I guess it's a fingers double crossed situation now lol

It might be fine but having experienced the heartache of the dead battery, I figured I'd just prepare you for the possibility.

And speaking of which, even if the film battery is dead, there's always Impossible Project film. Expensive but a way to play with the Spectra :)

Lol, great analogy lol
Ultimately I'd like to get into C-41, I want to do my motion shots on film and after some experiments with black and white I have come to the conclusion that the ones that work in B&W are too few and far between to be viable, the colour matters.

Having done a fair amount of C-41 back in the day, it's not that hard. Temperature control is the biggest issue. Color films are very persnickety when it comes to any deviation in temperature. Plus, the chemicals don't have much of a shelf life. So unless you dunk a lot of film at once, you're gonna pour good money down the drain.

I've considered getting back into it, though. I'm pondering buying a box of 4x5 color film, shooting it all up in the next year, then getting enough C-41 to develop it all en masse.

Most reactions

Back