new photo (b/w)

sabenemmons

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
edge.jpg

Here is a black and white from spring break 2004 South Padre Island TX.

Ehhh I wish it was in color.... nice cropping, but isn't it falling a bit on the left?

good theme! The b/w is fine with me. Here are a few thoughts:

The top of to the picture is nearly completely white, perhaps crop it out? Another solution to this would have been to shoot lower, and miss out the top part of the sky an capture his/her reflection in the water.

yep, looks like the horizon needs to be a bit adjusted as ;)

For some reason I am quite curious what this shot would have looked like 'overexposed' - with sort of ghostly glow.

Anyways, cool pic. thanks for sharing!

Love this shot! I suppose if you felt like it, you could crop out some of the top edge - but not all of that bright white; that's what directs the eye to the cast on the water.

I love that it's B&W. It adds to the entire feeling of solitude, quiet reflection. Don't worry about the horizon; on large bodies of water I expect to see a slight curve and it doesn't bother me a bit, nor distract from the mood of this piece. Ahhh....I wanna be there, too! :D

Wonderful image.

Thank you for your advice, I had thought about croping out the top but the more i looked at it the more i liked the fact that you could see where the reflection on the water was coming from. It always annoys me when i look at a photo and you can see the reflection of the sun but cant see it. Just a pet peve i guess. And in hindsight i wish i would have steped back about ten feet and caught his reflection in the water but live and learn i guess.
Thanks for your comments.

love it....

wow! I like it in black and white. It makes you look around the frame and.....i like it a lot

Most reactions

Back