new photo site

Status
Not open for further replies.
this site is great! i love the simplification. finally, a site that doesn't steal your photos like Facebook, is terrible to navigate like flickr, and is TROLL FREE! how about that trolls!

This must be your first time on the internet. The site "steals" your photos by putting their own watermark on your photos, did you notice? Does facebook do that? Nope. BTW, you said "Finally,..., a site as terrible to navigate as flickr." Were you trying to praise the non-existent design?

Strange.... it says he has 4 posts, but only one of 'em shows up. :er:

You are all stupid trolls so i'll explain it to you since you obviously cannot use any logical thinking at all. The site watermarks the photos, so that others do not STEAL them. If you posted photos for sale on a site, would you want people to be able to right click and save the photos? i guess so, if you were a troll. ANd btw, do you both spend your lives on this site being trolls? 5000 posts a piece? really? get a life.

Hi Nochbag, are you sure your name isn't douchebag?

Did you not see post #7 in which I rendered a lot of valuable information? Check it out: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...bsites/277631-new-photo-site.html#post2540629

If I'm hosting an image on a website, and they're watermarking it with their logo w/o a prompt or checkbox that says during upload "Would you like the PhotoRankr watermark applied to your image?" then it is essentially image theft on their part. At least in my opinion, they are modifying your work without consent and more than likely harming the image by putting a big huge watermark in the corner of the image with no degree of transparency.

Having right click disabled is enough for most people to be deterred from downloading an image, however it doesn't necessarily protect your images if you encounter someone with a resource viewer. It's just as easy to snag the highest resolution files with a little digging.

If you want to protect your digital images online, you're going to need a lot more than a simple watermark anyway. But, you probably don't even realize that. Ever heard of the clone brush (or content aware fill) tools in CS5? Lots of image pirates have.

nochbag said:
NO **** black guy with a wig hahaha. pirates can get anything, that's why they're called pirates. as for you, maybe u should find a 'better designed' forum that doesn't look like **** to troll on

Wow!
How old are you? 15....
Maybe you should get back to school and learn something useful

Maybe you should stay in highschool and stop acting like you are knowledgeable about how the internet and photography displayed on the web works. Judging by the great offense that you took about the design of PhotoRankr, I can only assume based on your level of typing skill, and your distinct lack thought processes that you are indeed one of the people working on the site. Perhaps even the "designer" of the site (if you want to call it designed, but that's giving the site far too much credit)

Truthfully, I've seen wireframe mockups of websites that have more of an aesthetically pleasing design than this complete and functioning website (PhotoRankr).

You appear to be the one who's trolling, as I actually offered the OP useful advice to consider when developing a website.

FYI, VBulletin is pretty standard as far as forums go. Other forums on the same platform are going to look, and behave similarly. Of course, you don't realize that because you're a highschool kid taking the class "Intro to the Internet 101."

Lastly, my Avatar is a mashup between 50 Cent and Justin Bieber. This further goes to show how thick headed, and immature you are. GLWL.

nochbag;2545297} And i got half the this website crying over my comments! I'm only 15! You probably are an admin at this site said:
Such language ... naughty naughty!!

This is the best thread all day! "LOL" doesn't do it justice :)

I'm certain you do know more about this kind of thing than any of us. I mean, hell, when I was 15 I knew it ALL! I am now but a poor shadow of my formerly omniscient self. Such a sick sense of humor, The Divine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back