New Photographer. Need Ideas for outdoor sessions when clients don't want to travel

Status
Not open for further replies.

raelynnethearg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi! I am a fairly new photographer who lives in a small town. I am also an onsite photographer, so no studio. I was wondering if any of you pros have ideas/tips on where to go, what to do, when the weather is bad, you live in a small town with not much to do, and your client doesn't want to travel to more attractive indoor places for their shoot?

Welcome to TPF - moving to the Business District as you`ll likely get more response there.

Do what we do. shoot at the clients home or your own home.
set up some nice backdrops or the green screen, a couple of speedlights on stands with softboxes or umbrellas, and take some portraits!

I don't see why any local park won't do? The photos are about the people.. not the location IMO. Sure, a great location never hurts but it is not an absolute necessity I don't think.

I don't see why any local park won't do? The photos are about the people.. not the location IMO. Sure, a great location never hurts but it is not an absolute necessity I don't think.
I think she's referring to the times that the weather isn't suitable for out of doors shooting.

I think she's referring to the times that the weather isn't suitable for out of doors shooting.

Oh, missed that lil part. Oops!

Hi! I am a fairly new photographer who lives in a small town. I am also an onsite photographer, so no studio. I was wondering if any of you pros have ideas/tips on where to go, what to do, when the weather is bad, you live in a small town with not much to do, and your client doesn't want to travel to more attractive indoor places for their shoot?

Tell them to hire a pro who has a studio? Let me guess, you're a "natural light" photographer who isn't able to light an indoor space anyways?

eta: Yep. http://raelynnebphoto.squarespace.com/latest-work/ Ouch! Stop the selective color! Stop the blur! Stop the twirl! Stop the colorization!

etaa: By the way, if your pricing is:
"Mini Session: $75
Includes 45 minutes of shooting time and one location. Comes with a FREE CD of fully edited photos in high resolution!"
then the cd isn't "free".

Last edited:

Tell them to hire a pro who has a studio? Let me guess, you're a "natural light" photographer who isn't able to light an indoor space anyways?

eta: Yep. Latest Work ? Rae Lynne Bergman Photography Ouch! Stop the selective color! Stop the blur! Stop the twirl! Stop the colorization!

Includes 45 minutes of shooting time and one location. Comes with a FREE CD of fully edited photos in high resolution!"

and we wonder why so many new members never return. completely unnecessary.

eta: Yep. Latest Work ? Rae Lynne Bergman Photography Ouch! Stop the selective color! Stop the blur! Stop the twirl! Stop the colorization!

This is a person that has already used the word client, assuming that this person has been hired to do a shoot, this person shouldn't be doing any shoots with clients if they haven't already got backup plans in the event of bad weather conditions. Being prepared is part of being a professional photographer, or a weekend pro, amateur that wants money for a shoot because they own a camera and think should be able to make money with it. if they aren't prepared, and can't figure it out on their own, they should stop pretending.

I'm not even going to comment on the web site.

Candy coating ran off the message.

The few of us new members that do stay are the ones who are stubborn enough to prove themselves good, but humble enough (at least sometimes) to heed good advice.

There are ways to offer advice without being a prick.

I always wonder why so many people buy a entry level camera with a cheap kit lens.. and then immediately open a business, with no knowledge, skill, needed equipment or common sense!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back