New Photography to the forum!!

Amberly001

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello!

I started photography in 2011. At least, that is when I got serious about it. Before I got the camera I had been saving for in 2011, I had another and much smaller camera. I took photos and edited them and I thought I was the best photographer in the world! Now looking back at those same photos I though - wow, I ruined them. But I know much more now than I did then. I don't edited my photos unless they have a phone number or address on them that I do not want shown - but most of the time I wouldn't show those photos anyways. :sexywink:

I own a Nikon Coolplix P500 with 36x optical zoom with 4.0 - 144 mm, full HD, 12.1 megapixels, pop-up flash, and the LED screen can move out and at any angle you want.

I mainly photography cats, flowers, insects, wildlife, dogs, and sometimes horses.
Here is a link to my website with some of my work.
Jocelyn Frasier Photography - Home

I try to avoid editing my photos because you shouldn't have to edit to make a great photograph. That is what photographers do - they photograph great photos, not edit them as much.

The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
I try to avoid editing my photos because you shouldn't have to edit to make a great photograph. That is what photographers do - they photograph great photos, not edit them as much.

Welcome Jocelyn.
My guess is that you will find that most photographers - especially the great ones - know that post processing a picture is a crucial part of the chain of creation because Mother Nature doesn't care to cooperate all the time and make the light perfect.

OP
A

Amberly001

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
I understand that, trust me!
It's just something I don't agree with - but I don't argue about it either. :sexywink: hehe

IceCanAm

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Welcome to the site.

smalltowngirl13

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello and welcome to the forum!