New Photos - Child

BrieKayee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took my little sister, Willow outside for a couple of hours and got heaps of gorgeous photos. Feedback?

Attachments

• $_MG_3859.jpg
    $_MG_3859.jpg
    646.3 KB · Views: 68
  • $_MG_3874.jpg
    $_MG_3874.jpg
    874.5 KB · Views: 57
  • $_MG_3925.jpg
    $_MG_3925.jpg
    838.3 KB · Views: 80
  • $_MG_3997.jpg
    $_MG_3997.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 71
  • $_MG_3809.jpg
    $_MG_3809.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 48
What sort of feedback are you after?

just any improvements of the photos or if you like them and why :)

Ok, first off I'll say You have a beautiful little sister here.

As far as photography from an outsiders view and not knowing the subject. There could be some improvements made.

#1 You have barrel distortion going on here. I'd say step back from your subject which will also help with the crop issue being too tight. Try portrait orientation. It also looks like she was dancing or just being silly as kids do. The viewer also wants to see that. A full body shot would have suited. Landscape orientation would actually work too, showing the area she is playing in.

#2 Check your WB and framing. I say WB as it seems off, you may have done this on purpose though. However its not often aesthetically pleasing used for children portraits. Kids have great skin. Show it off! Again portrait orientation would have suited. (my humble opinion).

#3 I see what your going for but again Tight cropping has hindered the appeal.

#4 Check your background. there is a fence going through the frame here which is a big distraction. Try to look at photographs not just for their detail and colours, but shapes as well. Other shapes interrupting the shape of someones head bring the eye to follow it,leading away from the subject.

#5 Biggest problem here is missed focus and too tight of a crop.

This is just my 2cents worth concerning any photograph.

Ok, first off I'll say You have a beautiful little sister here.

As far as photography from an outsiders view and not knowing the subject. There could be some improvements made.

#1 You have barrel distortion going on here. I'd say step back from your subject which will also help with the crop issue being too tight. Try portrait orientation. It also looks like she was dancing or just being silly as kids do. The viewer also wants to see that. A full body shot would have suited. Landscape orientation would actually work too, showing the area she is playing in.

#2 Check your WB and framing. I say WB as it seems off, you may have done this on purpose though. However its not often aesthetically pleasing used for children portraits. Kids have great skin. Show it off! Again portrait orientation would have suited. (my humble opinion).

#3 I see what your going for but again Tight cropping has hindered the appeal.

#4 Check your background. there is a fence going through the frame here which is a big distraction. Try to look at photographs not just for their detail and colours, but shapes as well. Other shapes interrupting the shape of someones head bring the eye to follow it,leading away from the subject.

#5 Biggest problem here is missed focus and too tight of a crop.

This is just my 2cents worth concerning any photograph.

Thanks for the advice. I shall remember next time I take her out

Most reactions

Back