New "Project": Does this interest anyone?

Geaux

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I live in New Orleans and there are TONS of architectural aspects of our homes and buildings that are different than many places. While driving around today a certain building caught my attention around the roofline so I ran with it. Went around catching all types of building tops. Never really seen this done before as a "project" and it got me out of my photo funk I've been in recently, but after editing, not sure it really WORKS. Let me know.

Untitled by NOLA_2T, on Flickr

There are tons more building tops around the city I could find, just not sold on it so much after my first round of shooting. People locally on FB have been praising it, but it's Facebook and I don't take much of what people say on there seriously ha. Thanks for looking.

I have always liked architecture, I find the project interesting, I like your first image, but would not want to see the same composition on all the photos.
3 pictures out of 5 with the same angle seems to become boring. But capturing the details of Louisianna architecture? sure go for it!

A lot of work goes into those little details, which so many people completely miss. Personally, I like 2, 4, and 5 due to the symmetry of the corners.

A lot of work goes into those little details, which so many people completely miss. Personally, I like 2, 4, and 5 due to the symmetry of the corners.

I'm a HUGE fan of symmetry when it comes to my photographs and this is what led me to wanting to do the project.

It's funny, I've gotten two responses and both are totally different on which they like.

Anyone else have thoughts on this unnamed project?

I think there is a lot you can do with this concept using the same perspective repeatedly. What you are capturing with that small slice, is essentially a finger print. Creating "collages" like my example would allow variety of perspective across a series, while each piece would all be the same perspective, or several the same and one different, grids of square crops, etc.

I think you might find more success, and interest this way, rather than treating each image as a stand alone.

PS. It's been an entire year since I was in NOLA. That trip has ruined vacations for me, for a while. We went to Seattle this year. We enjoyed ourselves, but brought up NOLA several times. LOL

In this example, each panel is meant to be a different house...
69cea4572582d275b3c068abc0e3d502_zps381ed831.jpg

Man, you have no idea how psyched I was when I saw you responded and you didn't disappoint. I love this idea and will definitely be trying something similar.

So glad you loved NOLA, and it's a shame I live here yet get photo blocks. I'm trying to not be so cliche in my shots as it's really easy to do in my city lol

Most reactions

Back