New Purchase?!

o hey tyler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Sheldon Black, glass on glass. It's actually the same guy who started doing RooR bongs, but moved on to "High quality smoking apparatus" since anything sold with the name "bong" is now illegal.

In hindsight I should have used a CPL, but I don't have a good quality one, so I didn't want to damage IQ. Shot on f/8 with a bare 430ex II shot through a lightbox. Blurred the background in PS because my backdrop was very wrinkly.

Also, I was quite antsy to try it out... So I didn't exactly take a lot of time setting this shot up. Bahaha.

5051494040_fbc1c0dcf9_b.jpg

I also have a shot of the slide and the diffused downstem, which I have come to love.

for tobacco purposes only ... right? lol

for tobacco purposes only ... right? lol

HAHAHAAH.. Tobacco doesn't taste as good as the herb and doesn't quite give you the same great after effect as well. :lmao:

OP, awesome apparatus by the way. LOL. Bong.

It is quite a bit of fun. I need to know what kind of ashcatcher or percolator to go with it. Here's the shot of the downstem and the bowlhead.

I'm really unhappy with the shadow in the upper left. I also didn't really do any PP or background blur to this shot, so it's still pretty much SOOC except for levels and such.

5050910897_51a418bc8a_b.jpg

Have you ever tried lighting your ground from underneath?

Have you ever tried lighting your ground from underneath?

No, I can't say I have. Do you have a recommended setup in mind? I'm assuming photographing tiny shiny pieces of bling have quite a few similarities with shooting glass, no? I don't think the fabric I am using is see-through enough to let the necessary amount of light through, so I'll have to start lookin' around.

It'll help you blow the background, and could be quite nice with glass. I haven't tried it with glass though. :D

I blow glass too. Here is a bowl I made. :p

omg what is that thing, i have never seen one before and would have no idea how to use it!:drool:

But for reals, the shots i have seen similar to this that really worked for me involved using a dark backround and placing the product on a draped box with a hole cut out in the center to let light shine straight up into it. Im sure there is much more to accomplishing the effect than I Know but thats how id see this shot working.

It'll help you blow the background, and could be quite nice with glass. I haven't tried it with glass though. :D

I blow glass too. Here is a bowl I made. :p

Ah sweet! I wish I knew how to blow glass. It looks like a lot of fun, and the creative options are endless. I'll have to try it out, I just have to establish what to use as a backdrop to let enough light through. Probably a white cloth will do just fine, but who knows, I may have to rig up something just for the task.

Oh, and if you ever find yourself with too many blown glass pieces (as if you can have enough)... I'll take some off your hands... Any time you want! :mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back