New reeftank shot from me! (pano!)

Sharkbait

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.whitesharkphoto.com
Just got a couple new corals, but they're still acclimating, so it'll be a couple days before they're opened up and ready to be photographed. In the meantime, I took a 3-shot panorama of my system for all those curious folks (I know Tolga will appreciate it anyway! ;) )

Tank-panorama_RS.jpg

Here's a smaller version that will fit on your screens:

Tank-panorama_RS2.jpg

That's one hell of an aquarium. How many gallons? This jazz club I play at used to have a 150 gallon saltwater aquarium like that. The fish were beautiful.

I always wondered what your entire tank looked like! I'll be waiting for the shots of your new corals!

Neat pics but please stop it!
I have enough expensive hobbies without you tempting me with more!
P.S. Don't stop posting pics of the tank occupants though.

This is a 130 gal system. It's 6' long, 18" front-to-back, and about 20" tall. Got around 200 lbs of live rock in the system, and my coral collection is growing slowly. It's a very expensive hobby (moreso than photography even!), so I do everything very slowly and as inexpensively as possible. I actually have 7 fish in-system right now, but you can only see two of them at the moment--the others always seemed to be at the opposite end of the tank as what I was shooting (this is a 3-shot panorama stitched together in PS).

shark! it looks great! i cant belive you have it at home(forgive my english, ha ha)... theres a special store with 'fishes and all the strange fishes stuffs' near my house, and i go there sometimes to look at the 'strange underwater landscapes', but yours looks much much better and more beautiful than the ones they have there! wow!

Shark said:
... (I know Tolga will appreciate it anyway! ;) )

;)

here am i :)
i really like the rock work over there,
and this is my favotite tank size ratio. (heigt/length = ~0.27 or 0.28, my new tank will be 0.28)

is that an aiptasia? (right center)

Good job on the pano, and I love getting that underwater feel looking at this image. :D ooo! It's just a cool shot. Me like.

yamant said:
Shark said:
... (I know Tolga will appreciate it anyway! ;) )

;)

here am i :)
i really like the rock work over there,
and this is my favotite tank size ratio. (heigt/length = ~0.27 or 0.28, my new tank will be 0.28)

is that an aiptasia? (right center)

Shhh, we don't talk about aiptasia! :lol: Yeah, I have 3 or 4 big ones that my peppermint shrimp won't touch. They're not spreading though, so :shrug: I'll live with 'em. :D

Lighting is 4x 96w VHO (3x 50/50, 1x actinic).

Duh! When I first looked at this I said "Uh-oh, didn't match the frames in the stitch." Then I looked at the small one and realized those are the tank lights dummy!

Cool pic, but where's all the fishes? I only see two on the right end.

photobug said:
Duh! When I first looked at this I said "Uh-oh, didn't match the frames in the stitch." Then I looked at the small one and realized those are the tank lights dummy!

Cool pic, but where's all the fishes? I only see two on the right end.

Yeah, little buggers got camera-shy and hid in the rockwork. Either that or I was shooting the right side of the tank and they were on the left, then vice-versa. :|

Most reactions

Back