New Senior w/ New Lighting Setup

DeepSpring

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.joshualights.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just got everything needed to set up my flash off camera on a light stand via pc sync cord. All these shots were bounced into a silver umbrella.

All comments and critique please and thank you

20070620_4169.jpg

20070620_4198.jpg

20070620_4190.jpg

20070620_4188.jpg

20070620_4182.jpg

Oh and as of yesterday at 2:07 p.m. I am officially a senior now :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

It looks like they are either oversharpened or have a lot of JPEG artifacts....something looks off.

He's not very expressive is he?

I like the 2nd one best, followed by the first. I think the pose and composition is best in those two. #3 & #5, the poses look a bit awkward and in #4 you cut his hands off at the wrist and the face is fairly dark.

It looks like they are either oversharpened or have a lot of JPEG artifacts....something looks off.

I have a problem w/ this every now and then. It's when I resize them w/ infranview I guess it's sometimes hard for the program to go from so big to so small.

Thanks

He's not very expressive is he?

I like the 2nd one best, followed by the first. I think the pose and composition is best in those two. #3 & #5, the poses look a bit awkward and in #4 you cut his hands off at the wrist and the face is fairly dark.

I agree. The jpeg compression is bad. The pixels looked too "smashed" for web viewing.

#1, the background is a bit busy.

#2 is kinda cool for a pose, but not sure I like it for a guy.

#3 and #4 are very dark and contrasty.

The lighting is pretty even in all of them, which is not a bad thing. But most of them look to be underexposed.

NJ

I have a problem w/ this every now and then. It's when I resize them w/ infranview I guess it's sometimes hard for the program to go from so big to so small.

It might be worth checking into a program that optimizes jpegs for web viewing so that you can get equally good compression and good quality.

It might be worth checking into a program that optimizes jpegs for web viewing so that you can get equally good compression and good quality.

I'll look into that. I'll try doing it maybe in a few steps first and experiment w/ different things. Sometimes they come out perfect sometimes all weird.

I still have to get the hang of using the pc sync cord because I now have absolutely no meter to go by so I have been trying to look at the histogram. My monitor also isnt calibrated yet so I might have turned em down a bit too much.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back