New series

neogfx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
OK, here's my new series I did for my university project.
What do you guys think?

Badday1.jpg
Badday2.jpg
Badday3.jpg

Badday4.jpg
Badday5.jpg
Badday6.jpg

Badday7.jpg
Badday8.jpg
Badday9.jpg

Badday10.jpg
Badday11.jpg

I'd like to see more a difference between the images. The way it is now...You could rearrange all the images in the middle...and it wouldn't really change the series. There does not seem to be a progression...just random images. Even then...there are really only three images that say to me "bad day at the office"...the rest are just a guy working.

For the theme of bad day at the office...I would expect to see him bright and chipper in the morning...and by the end of the day...he should be run down and disheveled, hair all messy, clothes ruffled, tie off. The drink could start at coffee...go to water, back to a big coffee...and end up will a bottle of aspirin and/or a bottle of whiskey.

Also, there is somthing round and black in the bottom of the images...I'd get rid of it.

Your laptop gets 8 hours of battery life? (no charger in any pics)

You hardly moved the pad and paper on your right the whole day. They're in the same spot and position at 5 pm as at 9 am.

Sorry, but that's just what I noticed. :blushing:

It's a good laptop. lol
The brief was concerned with getting the model to perform rather than the little details, but I guess it's those little nuances that make up an image.
Thanks for the comments so far, keep 'em coming.

I made the same observations as Mike. Not much of a difference in the middle images. I was thinking of having a growing pile of wadded paper as the day progresses, and as Mike suggested, the clothes and appearance more and more disheveled. The water is in the same place minus the one image, but the level never changes. I like the idea of adding in some aspirin, maybe some pepto bismol, some bourbon, etc.

I have to agree with the others here. There seems to be very little change. (The water looks like it hasn't really been touched, except for that one still where he is drinking it). I think your model looks like he is in the same mood throughout all of them, and although he doesn't seem like he is having a great day, I don't look at his expression in most of these and think he is having a bad day. Just that he's busy. You might want to clone out the outlet in the back as well. I'd clone out the computer brand name as well to make it more generic.

I think it's a pretty rad concept. Could be cool to have his clothing change a bit too (i.e. starts out the day looking composed and becomes more and more frazzled as the day goes on) maybe some wadded up paper on the desk at the end of the day?? I dunno....

*edit* just read the post above, Wasn't trying to poach anyones Ideas :)

Cool concept.

I agree with the others though. There needs to be more of a change between the pictures. for instance His facial expression only changes once.<--that could be kinda cool if you had the other stuff going crazy around him.

If you do this again i would pull it back a bit more to show more of the office. Then you can have him get up go to the filing cabnet. Maybe have that anoying guy from the office come in maybe his boss. I will say that he did good with his hands. maybe if you wanted to keep it close just have other hands come into frame and make them look like they are complaining. Also maybe a bit of lunch would be good. maybe him spilling food down the front of him. I dont know those are just ideas but it needs mixed up a bit.

I was going to say that the guy doesn't look like his day is that bad. You should see me at work on a "Bad Day" (not a pretty site). :)

Anyways, I do really like the idea you have going here. He just needs to show more expression.

Most reactions

Back